What would Cain Velasquez have to improve if he wants to beat Werdum

His footwork/movement, and make sure his conditioning is on point.

Werdum is a better fighter than Cain, and will beat him again. Cain needs to work on his striking/clinch/pressure and cardio to have a shot against Werdum. Cain will be terrified of taking him down after last fight.

Werdum is a better fighter than Cain, and will beat him again. Cain needs to work on his striking/clinch/pressure and cardio to have a shot against Werdum. Cain will be terrified of taking him down after last fight.

Terrified you must have cain messed up lol.

DUdes not a GSP retiring after a asswhoopin

He rematcheds JDS after getting KTFO. Hes a warrior man he will come back and use his full skill set.

The thing is though is that Werdum looked WAY better even as early as round 2. I don't care what Cain does between now and the rematch, Werdum had significantly better cardio and will continue to train like he was and be that much better again next time. Cain has a huge uphill battle to get to the state that Werdum was at, let alone the heights he will reach from now until the next fight.

Werdum was doing fine in the stand up tagging Cain rather easily and Cain wants nothing to do with Werdum on the ground.

Plus I would much rather bet on a guy who proved he had the right attitude going in over the guy who half assed it, regardless of what they say they will do different.

His spanish.
image.png

Try L&P maybe. Hold top position, don't throw much, try and survive and win the rounds. He had side control but lost it immediately going for an elbow. Just hold position next time.

Kind of a lame way to win, but could work.

Hoping Werdum wins though. Think that he will.

It help if he could actually outbox Werdum. Werdum showed that his striking isn't as sharp as some thought after the JDS fights. Take away his overhand and he doesn't have much to rely on.

If he could go between the clinches and the striking better, that be a good first step.

Mexico's high altitude for starters.

So a lot of you still think he should have takedown heavy gameplan to win. I really dont think he has an answer for Werdum on the ground. What would he do if he got the takedown? GnP from guard or passing the guard?

Try L&P maybe. Hold top position, don't throw much, try and survive and win the rounds. He had side control but lost it immediately going for an elbow. Just hold position next time.

Kind of a lame way to win, but could work.

Hoping Werdum wins though. Think that he will.
I think this is his best way of possibly winning. Any other way he gets beat on the feet or subbed with a reckless takedown.

Nothing really, it was the altitude.

Of coarse he needs to train as he usually does with DC and his camp, injury free! IMO Caun has what it takes to get that belt back

I think Werdum has his number. Cardio or not, I don't see him winning against the constantly evolving Doom.

/this

Funny thing I was just going to say Werdum has his number. Werdum is just a completely bad match up for Velasquez.

Needs to reduce his creatinine levels imo. Over-training did him in last time

Werdum's jabs and knees completely wrecked Cain's pressure game and Werdum's submission game took away the takedowns.

I always said it was a bad matchup for Cain. i tought it would be a hard fight.

For some reason almost nobody believed Werdum could beat Cain. Everybody just said Cain would wreck Werdum.

If Werdum gets rocked he just jumps guard, he doesn

Back