What would Cain Velasquez have to improve if he wants to beat Werdum

marvelcomic

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Werdum came and really put a beating on Cain. Werdum really dominated every aspect of the fight. Some blame the conditioning and the sea level. But what do you think are the most important things that need to be improved for Cain to take his belt back? Is it his gameplanning, his striking, jiu jitsu...?

His conditioning, (+ altitude adjustment if high up again,) and his time between fights.

Even then it's not an easy match, Werdum is great.

Prepare for a million "cardiovascular at altitude" responses

sea level cain.. unbeatable...
on another level

keke

His striking, I don't think he wants to clinch or go to the ground with Werdum.

I agree with striking defense. Also, stop blowing out tendons in training.

He would probably need to work on not sucking.

Needs to fine tune his Joe Son Do and the odds should shift in his favor.

Cain won round one. People are being stupid since the loss. He is a huge threat.

Plus we all know mexicans, even fake ones, work hard. He'll come in prepared next time. Not saying he will win but it should be 50/50. He came in after a 2 year layoff at high altitude. Werdum fans will go in confident and be pretty fuckin scared and surprised at least for a round or 2.

Thing is it wasn't cardio which turned the tide in the first round, it was Werdum starting to work the trips. Once he did that he started having more success with his knees, then became more comfortable throwing jabs, then the whole fight came together for Werdum.

The altitude, as it was too high for him last time.

He should train with Vitor.

Cain won round one. People are being stupid since the loss. He is a huge threat.

Plus we all know mexicans, even fake ones, work hard. He'll come in prepared next time. Not saying he will win but it should be 50/50. He came in after a 2 year layoff at high altitude. Werdum fans will go in confident and be pretty fuckin scared and surprised at least for a round or 2.

Yeah I agree with this. Cain will be much more competitive in the rematch, but Werdum is still a bad stylistic match up for Cain.

I think it will be a 5 round war, but Werdum takes it.

Back