what with this Chimaev noise?

He brought a lot of excitement and showed great potential. That's about it. No need to cry about him retiring but no need to be an ass about it either.
<PlusJuan>
This.
It’s fucked up and unfortunate any time a medical issue ends someone’s dream or career.
But people care because Khamzat is a prospect who looks like he has a lot of potential. It’s a sad thing to see someone robbed of that over something they have no real control over.

why do u care so much about this guy? i mean what did he add to the sport
aside from beating couple of unranked cans? nothing
i say good riddance, let him retire.

He’s an over night celebrity with untapped potential. Potentially the next MMA megastar if he can past the right tests

Are you guys that nieve to really think he wont fight again? Lmfao good lord. Hes acting like a young and very impatient child. Give it time

Exciting prospect. It's true he only beat unranked opponents but the way in which he beat them is promising. He's 3-0 in the UFC and pretty much hasn't even been hit yet.

He also has a style that has previously led to success in the UFC. So with good defense and a safe but devastating offense, it becomes easy to envision him dominating ranked opponents as well

He’s the most promising prospect that sport has ever seen. Of course people gonna care.
I wouldn’t say ever. Cain made his UFC debut at 2-0 and had mad hype behind him. Such cardio was never seen before in the HW division.

it appears Covid was the only thing game enough to smesh Khamzat

wUt dId hE bRiNg tO tHe sPoRt?

Bro, he brought excitement.

tenor.gif

Johnny Walker also knocked out his first 3 UFC opponents in seconds and you gullible fools all thought he was going to dethrone Jon Jones. Chimaev isn’t a better prospect than Johnny Walker.....yet. We need a lot more proof.

I'm not on his hype train but he isn't going anywhere. Dana is going do all he can to see he doesn't retire. Yet Dana has said if a fighter starts talking retirement then then might as well be retired. He meant that mostly in regard to older fighters but still he doesn't want retirement anywhere on Chimaev's radar.

Holland became the hottest prospect after what he did to Souza.

Johnny Walker also knocked out his first 3 UFC opponents in seconds and you gullible fools all thought he was going to dethrone Jon Jones. Chimaev isn’t a better prospect than Johnny Walker.....yet. We need a lot more proof.

Walker had multiple losses by the time he made it to the UFC

I mean, look at his fighting style.

They're not at all comparable.

Back