What were you thinking the moment Cain dropped JDS?

tumblr_m3k1juHo3v1ro2d43.gif

This. Nothing against JDS but Cain was criminally underrated in this fight and i knew he was gonna take it.

I was in the middle of my breakfast in front of my laptop and started screaming, so I spit on the display and seconds later I was thinking "fuck, now I have to clean that mess up..."

jds actually invited cain to hit him
he looked terrible before that
twas just a matter of time
he was totally open and defensless

I thought JDS underestimate Cain striking or believed he had a glass jaw, because he tried to stop his flurries with soft jabs, like don't giving a fuck or thinking he could beat him without effort.

Maybe it's a natural attitude after you ko a guy within a minute, tho.

Honestly I don't know what was going on, it didn't register he dropped him until JDS got back up, it was really surreal for some reason.

EDIT: It was probably because I set up this air of invincibility around JDS and once he took that shot and collapsed it was shattered.

I feel the same way. My friends and I were in shock.

JDS dropped reminded me of when Brock got dropped, running to the left side. I thought he was gonna finish it until they changed view and showed Cain peppering him with mainly left punches.

Actually, when JDS fell, I thought it was inevitable, because he was just standing there and taking Cain's punches before that big one (other than getting up after takedowns). I felt that JDS was actually losing the striking fight even before that punch. He obviously had no respect for Cain's striking and paid the price.

First thought: Cain's striking and power were vastly underplayed and underrated. Granted, JDS was gassed and busted up the last four rounds, but I thought Cain's striking was more fundamental and varied. The striking set up everything Cain did the rest of the fight. After diving for failed takedowns for half of the first round, that big straight right from hell changed everything. Other than taking a few too many punches than I would like, I see no weakness in Cain's game. Who in the heavyweight division can stand up to that type of relentless offensive pressure? Cancel Cormier, those two will not fight.

I was thinking that if Cain didn't finish him there and JDS got out of the round, Cain would be gassed and JDS would win. Much like Wanderlei vs. Franklin

I was wrong

I remember the exact thought that went through my head. It was "my God, he's kicking is a$$". I knew at that point it was going to be a complete domination.

"i have to drop the biggest deuce of all time thank god this is not going to a decision"

Back