• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What was the worse ko Masvidal v. Askren or Chandler vs Tony??

FilipEmoFights

Darthpublican
@Blue
Reaction score
I guess we’ll forgo the 2-3 ground shots Jorge landed on Askren and pretend it was a walk off (or jump off rather)

So in terms of CTE inducing trauma for the recipient, would you rather take the 5 Second Knee, or the Field Goal to the Face?

Which would you rather dish out?

And which of the two nasty KO’s was the more damage causing of the two?

(I’m actually surprised how little I see that front kick from Michael Chandler played on KO reels but I guess Mikes been gone for a while and plus people love Tony)

Right Chandler just looks so jacked though.

Plus on top of what you said Masvidal had absolutely no mercy on the “super necessary” shots.

The dude was on fire for that timespan that’s for sure

If we are talking straight damage, that knee from Masvidal was brutal. I read an essay from a professor at Duke University, who claimed a knee can land with over two tons of force. If that's the case, Askren's spirit is probably still out there in the aether, somewhere.

Tony landed flat on his face and the image of his face all scrunched up from the force of the kick is brutal. Not sure which one did more damage but to me Tony was worse because I'm still waiting for Tony time and never liked Askren.

masvidal-askren.gif

michael-chandler-ko.gif

they both look naaasty, 50/50.

Askren. The man didn't even get a chance to throw a jab.

Askren. Rumor has it he left the octagon with shit in his pants.

Askren. Tony's chin has been shot for a while.

That knee Masvidal landed on him and the follow up pretty much ended Askrens career.

Both terrible, but I’ll pick askren because I like askren more and it was a bitter pill. Big fan of masvidal, though.

Askren. Tony's chin has been shot for a while.

That knee Masvidal landed on him and the follow up pretty much ended Askrens career.
Tony’s chin wasn’t shot until this point. Survived desperate situations against Barboza, Lando and Pettis only to withstand almost 25 minutes of beatdown by Gaethje.

The Askren KO for sure. Jorge was running and then Ben ducked right into it, that had to be an insane amount of force.
Right Chandler just looks so jacked though.

Plus on top of what you said Masvidal had absolutely no mercy on the “super necessary” shots.

The dude was on fire for that timespan that’s for sure
Masvidal deserved it for being an old dog who finally got his time in the limelight. Every time he was close previously, he was boned by judges. That KO directly led to his next 4 fights and allowed him to retire happily in Miami to sample sandwiches on the boardwalk in a velvet tracksuit for the rest of his days.

Ben said last he remembers was some of the walkout and some of the ride to the hospital. Everything in between is a blank. Doubt Tony lost that much memory.

Masvidal's KO was one of the most spectacular in the sport. It might never be eclipsed.

-The sheer amount of force generated by a running, flying knee into a ducking head, it's really hard to imagine any other possible chain of events in a fight that could generate more force than this. It was a perfect biomechanical combination.

-The bad blood between them and the stylistic-difference tension that was immediately broken by the elite wrestler's wrestling movement being used against him.

-The length of the fight, almost immediately, with Askren unable to do so much as even ATTEMPT throwing a jab.

Chandler's KO was very impressive, at the top-end of the great KOs category, along with maybe a couple of dozen others, but Masvidals is in a whole other league. It might be the best KO ever.

Worse, as in, more damaging to the other fighter's brain?
Probably the Chandler KO, cuz Tony's brain already had a head-start.
<6>

Back