What was the right thing for Ref to do when Coby got hit twice in the back of the head ?

Dacha

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
with less than a minute to go in a fight.

I am curious what others think ?

Its clearly against the rules, but not all rules are enforced equaly. Regardless of right or wrong reasons.

Colby wasn't moving so it could be careless or intentional.

The ref should also get some shots in

I was hoping the ref would break into a interpretative dance routine. Shame it didn’t happen.

Tell him to stop hitting the back of the head and let it keep going

It was a clear no-contest after Usman gnp'd the back of Colby's head. You can't just take that back.

"Watch the back of the head!"
And let more shots land before stopping it. I think he could have let it go a little longer

It was a clear no-contest after Usman gnp'd the back of Colby's head. You can't just take that back.
When has that ever happened in UFC?

Last edited:
Did it all happen too quickly for Ref to react ?

Did it all happen too quickly for Ref to react ?

He had a chance to intervene. Usman went for the back of the head then went to the side, and then returned to the back of the head. The whole thing was sketchy.

Seems like ref was sure that was it, so he didn't bother cautioning Usman + it did happen rather quickly.

But ref should be there to protect the fighter.

A shit, that filthy animal was checking out already. That snowflake wasn't about to make a miracle comeback after the Nigerian hammers of iron were raining down death on his carcass. Colby was done.

Lots of Colby haters.

I am not Colby fan, neither i hate him. Trying to realistically assess situation, lol, but whatever.

I agree Colby was probably done.

Many other fighters did get away with hitting back of the head many times. Its harder to avoid back of the head when fighter is moving.

side of the head you goof

"Watch the back of the head!"
And let more shots land before stopping it. I think he could have let it go a little longer

When has that ever happened in UFC?
Good answer.

Almost every GNP with turtling or back turned has incidental back of the head shots. This GNP was truly unexceptional.

This has not been talked about much. Colby took at least two hard shots to the back of the head.
I would have stopped the time, warned Usman, then resumed the fight in the same position.

Let Kamaru hit him some more.

Fuck Colby.

Just rewatched it. Colby had to crawl under Usman to hide back of the head, where first two punches landed ( back of the head ).

It was refs job to pause or at least warn.

piss poor reffing, stops it for a fake low blow, but lets all the back of the head punches go.

There really wasn't anything out of the ordinary. Every time someone turtles to GNP, invariably a hit on the side may end up on the back of the head because even the goddam target is moving. Ref did fine.

Beisdes, can't cry about the ref on one hand for not stopping this but then cry because early stoppage.

Back