What was the right thing for Ref to do when Coby got hit twice in the back of the head ?

If you dont want to get hit in the back of the head dont turtle and hide your face, if you turtle and hang onto a leg expect 1 or 2 shots to bounce off the back of head it comes with territory

Clinton paid off the ref.

All I’m saying is look into it.

I think Usman landed two, then went on the chin, side then arms: it happens all the time in the heat of the action and it's not a big deal in my opinion. I can't possibly remember who, but I've seen several ufc fights where the finishing blows actually landed on the back of the head. Stoppage was weird tough : I'm ok when on a 3 rds fight, but come on, it was for fucking championship, you got to give the man a chance. The Schevchenko/Cachoeira fight resulting in Yamasaki getting fired created a dangerous precedent in my opinion: all those referees are shitting their pants now. And before someone comes and say "but that was a murdeeeer", I went back and rewatch the fight: bloody, it was, yes, but the commentary was so biased : no way anybody would have say anything if it was two men in the exact same situation.

It ceased to be Ultimate Fighting Championship a very long time ago, its a different sport now, no longer "Ultimate Fighting". I'm used to it and not surprised. Until refs stoppages and outlawed, and you can only lose if you are knocked out cold or you tap out, then we are always gonna be left with this sadly.

Needs to have the old Pride rules. @HI SCOTT NEWMAN

with less than a minute to go in a fight.

I am curious what others think ?

Its clearly against the rules, but not all rules are enforced equaly. Regardless of right or wrong reasons.

Colby wasn't moving so it could be careless or intentional.
Make Fouls Great Again.

/thread

Its clearly against the rules, but not all rules are enforced equaly. Regardless of right or wrong reasons.

Stop the action, deduct a point from Usman. 5 min recovery time while the other fighter recovers and start on the feet.

Shots to the back of the head are bad.

He landed 2 hammer fists to the back of the head. Colby moved his hands to protect the back of the head and took 2 damaging hooks ( where he was defending prior to the back of the head.

I think it happens all the time and happened to quick for the ref to react. So not really much to be done . I'm giving Usman the benefit of the doubt with the nutshot as well.

But I doesn't take many fights like this for me to consider a fighter a dirty fighter.

I'm holding of judgement until I watch his next fight shrug.

Would u be happier if Usman turned Colby over and further broke his jaw in half to get the same TKO?

....or corner throw in the towel (as they should if their fight with a cracked jaw is about to get GNPd) before Colby taps to strikes (or suffer permanent damage)?

Lots of Colby haters.

I am not Colby fan, neither i hate him. Trying to realistically assess situation, lol, but whatever.
Colby said to much dumb ass shit so you can't have a proper conversation about him.

Yeah, Colby tried pulling "The Johnny Hendricks Special" and jammed his head between Usman's thighs; since it offers nothing for the opposing to the fighter to hit other than the back of the head, I think it should be the same as "not defending". The ref should call the fight. Right decision by the ref in this case.

Jarl

Stop the action, give a warning, and stand them up. This would have:
1. Given Usman a chance to finish.
2. Given Usman a chance to win the decision.
3. Given Colby a 50 second chance for a miraculous comeback.

While actually enforcing the rules.

Yeah, Colby tried pulling "The Johnny Hendricks Special" and jammed his head between Usman's thighs; since it offers nothing for the opposing to the fighter to hit other than the back of the head, I think it should be the same as "not defending". The ref should call the fight. Right decision by the ref in this case.

Jarl

Wait * jammed his head between Usman thighs *
should be the same as " not defending "

Wouldn't what you described there be defending? Moving your head to put it into a position he couldn't legally be hit kind of sounds like intelligently defending yourself .

Kind of the one knee one hand thing , plenty of people rely on taking advantage of the rules to protect them.

It's silly I know but countless people have used the rule to put themselves in a position to protect themselves from any " legal " strike.

Tell him to stop hitting the back of the head and let it keep going
Should've paused the fight and warned him, then let the fight continue.

Seemed like Goddard wanted a reason to stop it and allowed illegal shots so he could justify the stoppage as Colby taking too much damage.

Just do the right thing regardless of who it is. Even if Usman was that close to winning, the fight needs to be stopped if there is a foul.

Hitting to the back of the head deserves the fight stopped and a warning, just the same as an eye poke or a low blow.

Fuck Goddard if he's not going to do the right thing, makes him look like it was done on purpose likely due to political views.

He had a chance to intervene. Usman went for the back of the head then went to the side, and then returned to the back of the head. The whole thing was sketchy.
Its always like that, they rarely do anything about it, least enforced rule ever.

A shit, that filthy animal was checking out already. That snowflake wasn't about to make a miracle comeback after the Nigerian hammers of iron were raining down death on his carcass. Colby was done.
Nigerian hammers needed to fake injuries to catch a Nigerian Breather

Back