What was the right thing for Ref to do when Coby got hit twice in the back of the head ?

Lol america spirt shattered. Watching them trying to digest the results is entertaining. I made so many colby shops i moved up a belt color rotflmao

Last edited by a moderator:
just rewatched in slow motion,
Usman was still able to aim just behind the ears,
just avoiding the back of the head zone
no controversy, these were clean shots by the champion

the Ref saved Colby from brain damage,
Colby is a gladiator, still attacking while hurt

Lots of racism getting exposed in the wake of this fight.

Lots of racism getting exposed in the wake of this fight.
Not in this thread. Every time there’s a heavy emotional fav or hated fighter and a slight and unexceptional potential foul occurs, this thread happens. Even though the exact same unexceptional potential foul occurs in most fights, people are not bots, and most only notice it during the high profile, emotionally charged bouts.

Fact is, if people watched these fights without the emotional draw, things like this wouldn’t be a big deal. But fans need the emotional draw or they wouldn’t watch. So it’s a paradox.

There was a comment about "white america" that was edited by a moderator. Usually people get yellow cards for that.
Gottcha. I missed that. Really unfortunate, and awful.

Sadly not all of them are trolls. And the ones trolling are sad enough already.

It was a good fight. We should try to remember that. Usman (mostly) walked through Colbys strikes and not the other way around - surprising many. Wrestling was negated. Colby fought through a lot of adversity. I hope he tones it down now, but I doubt he will :( so I will do my part and ignore his idiocy and focus on his fighting. All I can do. Maybe if enough of us do....

LOL, this happens all the time and now colby fans wanna cry foul.

Ref should have let it go on about 20 more seconds so colby fans can cry about the ref being a psycho who is not there to protect the fighter.

He got put on his ass twice, covered up and was doing nothing to defend himself.

Keep grasping at straws.

Gottcha. I missed that. Really unfortunate, and awful.

Sadly not all of them are trolls. And the ones trolling are sad enough already.

I never realized there were so many anti-white posters here until all the post-fight threads started popping up. I know the War Room is full of stormfronters, but the Colby "fans" that were trolling this forum were pretty tame in comparison and never seemed to target minorities, it was just basically "you're all a bunch of snowflakes" type comments.

There was a comment about "white america" that was edited by a moderator. Usually people get yellow cards for that.
Which is odd. I got a post completely removed for just speaking the truth but pro-colby racists get their posts "edited" says a lot about this site (never mind the months, years of xenophobia, low key racism that is allowed to flourish in this forum)

I never realized there were so many anti-white posters here until all the post-fight threads started popping up. I know the War Room is full of stormfronters, but the Colby "fans" that were trolling this forum were pretty tame in comparison and never seemed to target minorities, it was just basically "you're all a bunch of snowflakes" type comments.
No one here is “anti white”. They’re countering the blatant “isms” that Colby is spouting, and being equally daft. Getting sucked in.

Don’t get sucked in by those getting sucked in. Stop the cycle already.

It was a good fight. Let’s remember the fight.

Which is odd. I got a post completely removed for just speaking the truth but pro-colby racists get their posts "edited" says a lot about this site (never mind the months, years of xenophobia, low key racism that is allowed to flourish in this forum)

That comment I was talking about was an anti-Colby comment, and totally unnecessary.

I'm not politically correct by any means when it comes to language, and I was pro-Usman going into this fight, and have had my posts deleted as well. But there's a big difference between politically incorrect humor and racial hatred.

No one here is “anti white”. They’re countering the blatant “isms” that Colby is spouting, and being equally daft. Getting sucked in.

Don’t get sucked in by those getting sucked in. Stop the cycle already.

It was a good fight. Let’s remember the fight.

You obviously missed a lot of the (now deleted) posts that were popping up all over the board last night, it was crazy.

The thing is, Colby never really had a solid fanbase to begin with. This was just an excuse for even more idiots to troll the forum with shit posts. Kind of like what happened after the Khabib/Conor fight.

Referee used his discretion. I think 2 out of say 7/8 shots hit the back of the head. As far as I could see, Usman wasn't looking at the back of the head as a target and it was incidental. Usman also adjusted for those strikes, he'd know he'd touched the back of the head or it was close and would adjust to looking to strike under the armpit etc. It is accepted that it's the puncher's problem to make sure all strikes are legal though.

Also, all you need to pretty much do is graze the ear for the strike to be deemed legal (assuming the headphones definition).

Terrible stoppage. Colby was dazed but still in the fight. Goddard should've halted the fight and warned Usman for striking the back of Colby's head. @BroRogan @Clementine @HI SCOTT NEWMAN @Wadtucket
It ceased to be Ultimate Fighting Championship a very long time ago, its a different sport now, no longer "Ultimate Fighting". I'm used to it and not surprised. Until refs stoppages and outlawed, and you can only lose if you are knocked out cold or you tap out, then we are always gonna be left with this sadly.

Marc is a shit ref. Dan too. Also Herb Dean suck monkey balls

Usman says in post fight they were right behind the ear !! you say its Fakenewsman ?

timestamped ..

with less than a minute to go in a fight.

I am curious what others think ?

Its clearly against the rules, but not all rules are enforced equaly. Regardless of right or wrong reasons.

Colby wasn't moving so it could be careless or intentional.

I honestly don't think the rule was intended to be used in such a way that a fighter can "defend" by turning the back of his head to his opponent.

The rule is there in boxing so that fighters don't target the back of the head when in a clinch situation and it's there in MMA so fighters don't target the back of the head when an opponent is shooting a double or otherwise vulnerable to a shot to the back of the head while initiating an attack.

It's not there so you can just turn your back to your opponent and get a free pass from getting punched.

No different from the way clipping is called in the NFL. Sure I can't block you in the back while you're chasing down a runner... but if I'm running up on you to make a block and you spin around and expose your back to me, I'm gonna knock you down... and no one is gonna call me for it. It's not some loophole that allows defensive players to just play the whole game facing the wrong direction and be immune to being ever blocked.

If you dont want to get hit in the back of the head dont turtle and hide your face, if you turtle and hang onto a leg expect 1 or 2 shots to bounce off the back of head it comes with territory

Back