What was the event, fight, or feud that got you hooked on the UFC?

Da Bombers

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
For me it was the feud between Tito Ortiz and the lions den. The genuine hate between them combined with Tito beating up bohlander and mezgar and his shirts etc. was on a completely different level than any other rivalry I've ever seen in mma. Here's a little documentary on it
Part 1of7

Part2of7

Part 3of7

Part 4 of7

Part 5of7

Part 6of7

Part 7of7

Shamrock/Gracie. Then I left mma for a long time and came back for Mir/Nog.

Ufc 2, then Hughes vs Gracie was the one I came back watching after a break

i was into the ufc casually before then,but this ortiz shamrock fued really created a buzzz and i never looked back

Chocolate L vs SmalleReem was a dope fight i saw in HS. I called it prize fighting not pride fighting cause im from the bay area and thought pride fighting sounded, well, gay.

UFC I

Me and my brothers and a few friends found it at blockbuster one night and said hey let's check this out.

I'm with you TS, Tito flipping off the lions den after beating Mezger then destroying Shamrock 3 times was the best

Dan Severn vs. Anthony Macias UFC 4. Severn used a Greco-Roman double leg (I guess thats what it is, no one does it this way) to clinch the back followed by a double suplex.

Everyone chipped in and we got every PPV. Gracies subs confused me. He kept getting subs I didnt understand, beating people he was logically not supposed to beat. Almost stopped giving a shit. Thought his subs were staged. You would watch the fight and replays and wonder how the fuck the dude tapped.

Then Severn came along and double suplexed. Thanks Dan Severn

Last edited:
Used to rent all the UFCs after that - then one time ole Renzo tried to setup his own organization that did an all in one night tournament. Boy, he suckered some fools into that one.

It was 4 guys in the grapplers division and then 4 guys in the strikers division.
Haha - the strikers beat the crap out of each other while Renzo was over there wrestling and grappling and having a little jj tournament with a few guys.

You can guess the outcome.

Seeing bs martial arts exposed in a style vs style exhibition..

Ain't no way everybody in this thread started watching from the Pre-zuffa era. UFC 100 for me. Call me a late person or whatever but I've been watching it religiously since then and can analyze fights better than some of the people who watched during the pride era

I watched MMA off and on but what really drawn me in was all the Chael Sonnen/Anderson Silva drama/controversey between their first fight. Seemed to get everybody riled up

Matt Hughes vs Frank Trigg 2. MMA was my favorite sport after that fight.

Damn, I guess I have to be the first to say TUF season 1.:wink:

Back