What was the event, fight, or feud that got you hooked on the UFC?

Matt Hughes vs. Georges St. Pierre I and Matt Hughes vs. Frank Trigg II. Both were great fights, and I was especially impressed by St. Pierre's sportsmanship after getting armbarred and Hughes' resilience after getting hit in the groin. Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of Hughes or St. Pierre anymore, but I still love MMA.

BJ Penn vs. Diego Sanchez. I was completely sold on the sport after that.

I started watching around UFC 101, then I became a big fan of Chuck Liddell and GSP, I really liked the Chuck/Tito rivalry but it was Silva/Sonnen that made this my favorite sport

I heard Lesnar had beaten an MMA legend, so i was curious to see how good this guy was. I saw a few of randy's fights, i don't know in what order. But randy vs sylvia was incredible to watch. Everything from the crowd and Rogan's reaction. The perfection with which randy executed his game plan against a much bigger and younger opponent. I loved that fight.

But i loved the fight with tito even more. Saw some of the build up videos, tito mocking randy's age etc. Seemed like he was gonna be a big underdog. I had no idea how that fight was gonna go. So, again, it was pretty amazing to see randy bully tito like that. Thats when i got hooked.

UFC 86. Forrest v Rampage was an epic fight that was on my birthday. I'd been a casual fan for a year or 2 before that but that fight started me down the road to being hooked.

Back