What traits do you dislike about mma?

Scoring. Damage should be the primary assessment, because that's the objective.

Head strikes should count more than body (like sport karate). Body more than leg kicks.

Grappling exchange shouldn't win a round by default. If you're losing on the feet and you take an opponent down, you need to capitalise on your position and try submissions or do damage. On top in guard isn't worth shit unless you're landing effective G&P.

Also ref stand ups. If the guy on top has advanced position, leave him be. You can't expect guys to rush and expose themselves to scrambles or sweeps

Last edited:
I HATE when coaches tell their fighter that they are winning when they obviously are losing. Same when I see a fighter that has worked his way up the chain for years, gets his shot, is losing the fight, and in the final round trys to grab a leg when it hasn't worked the entire fight and it won't win him the fight even if he can get a takedown in the fifth. So I guess it is coaches that I have a prob with.

It just seems like I have seen 100 times some fighter finally getting his chance and just doesn't go for it when that is the only option left.

I think the coaches should be ready to tell their guy when they need to quit, and when they need to go "just bleed"
I agree.
I hate the “going out on your shield” macho mentality that shortens careers. The cornermen/coaches, and even some refs are hell-bent on letting their fighter suffer needlessly, instead of protecting the fighter (including from themselves, when the fighter is too stubborn to quit).

"First of all I want to thank Jesus for helping me give my opponent CTE.."

Be religious if you want to be (although personally I can't understand why someone would), but stop connecting it to fucking MMA.

McGregor copycat at shit talking/hyping.

Fairweather fandom. People hyping someone as unbeatable after a win while ignoring low level losses while at the same dismissing someone as a never was after a loss.

Once you nail your flag to a mast you should keep it there through thick and thin. Trust me, I'm a Newcastle fan.
Pochettino and the new owners are going to make them a top 6 team.

I hate when the commentators always say "nice punch from _______" even when it is just a sloppy punch thrown with terrible technique and lands on the other guys gloves. Its like No!!!, that was in fact not a "nice" punch, ive seen better technique on world star. Joe Rogan will do this, but Jon Anik does it all the time.

I hate fighters who are grinding out rounds on top without going for a finish. I understand the opponent should work on his TD defense or ground game,but still..
"Position over submission!" It's actually pretty crazy that fighters can do their very best to avoid fighting yet still win the decision. So annoying watching wrestlers take somebody down and do just enough to not be stood back up. Really makes you appreciate guys like Oliveira even more.

I hate how inactive a lot of fighters are especially many champs.
This is a good one. Fighters competing once per year, or less is a bummer. It’s probably because the roster is so large. Which is also an issue.

Fighters taking dives for money, certain superstars being allowed to use drugs and rape women, corrupt judges and the weasley MMA journalists who are afraid to comment on these issues.

Back