What traits do you dislike about mma?

Nothing to do with fighters. All management issues. Like stupid fights. Not having fighters fight more. Allowing "double champs" when champs barley fight in one division. Dana Whites frequent hypocrisy. etc.

Fairweather fandom. People hyping someone as unbeatable after a win while ignoring low level losses while at the same dismissing someone as a never was after a loss.

Once you nail your flag to a mast you should keep it there through thick and thin. Trust me, I'm a Newcastle fan.

Nothing to do with fighters. All management issues. Like stupid fights. Not having fighters fight more. Allowing "double champs" when champs barley fight in one division. Dana Whites frequent hypocrisy. etc.

I hate superfights so much. No champion is ever interested in defending both. It stalls two divisions while robbing genuine title challengers of their opportunity, all for a photo op.

Maybe the worst thing about it currently is the scoring system/criteria. MMA should develop its own scoring criteria that has nothing to do with boxing. That criteria should make it easier to determine the winner of close fights...and make it easier for the fighters to judge what they need to do (mid-fight) to get the decision.

Jarl

*DING DING DING*

This is the correct answer. The current system results in inconsistent and sometimes baffling scores being issued.

How watered down, corporate, and sterilized the rules have become.

Has to be the scoring system and how badly people know how it works.

"I don't think that should have been a unanimous decision!" etc.

Awful judging

Ranking, matchmaking and salary based on popularity instead of skill.

The fans ? Haha just kidding my friends.

But honestly I think sometimes we have to remember that, the fighters really owe us nothing. At the end of the day, it is a business. When they have the chance to make money, or elongate their careers, i think we should try being a bit understanding.

As far as actual MMA...10-9 must system has to go. Also, that egregious fence grabs are not as widely penalized as eye pokes or low blows. On a similar not, I believe resets should be a little more liberal.

I hate the most that they don't allow kicks to a downed opponent, or knees to the head on the ground. These strikes change a lot of dimensions in a fight, and they are no more brutal than other strikes that are allowed. Yes a soccer kick is viscous, so are some elbows ..like to eyes, nose etc. Overeem's lip, Eastman's cut, Robby vs Rory . Its a brutal sport. Its suppose to be real as it gets.

I hate when the commentators are one sided all the way until their guy gets finished brutally. Happens a lot more than a few times. Commentary while watching a fight changes what people see. Watching with no sound its a different fight.

I hate that when amongst my fellow fans my 6’5” 275 @ 3%bf isn’t as impressive when amongst the unwashed masses.

"i was made for this", "no one else fights like me" gets kinda boring after 90% of fighters say it

the "first question guy"

dana's lies

cringey people like adesanya

european twitter warrior you know who it is

1. PEDs not legal
  2. Cornermen spewing bullshit
  3. Boxing commission used
  4. No soccer kicks
  5. Refs not deducting points after issuing warnings 4+ times.

Tattoos <{1-17}>

Timelimits and pointfighting. I think they should fight till there is a clear winner.

Ring girls. Just...wtf.

All the WWE antics, people jumping the queue for title fights, scoring, the general fan base, the cage, lack of a fighters union.

MMA Journalism basically being fluff for Dana/UFC and certain fighters

I'd say about 95% of it is just guys trying to win over and cream themselves and get free passes for events, which I get but it's still wack AF. S/O to Dana for having coverage or any outside input or inquiry by the balls.

the other 5% gets shafted for not "sticking to sports" which says a lot about MMA fans if not sports fans in general.

Also my god is the trash talk corny.

It's never good.

it's rarely funny.

Liddell. GSP. Couture. Hughes. Silva. Any champion or any GOAT, didn't need to bump their gums to sell a fight.

So I could give a shit that Kyle from Sioux City thinks Josh from Florida, when both don't put on memorable performances or wack finishes.

I hate the constant cherry picking, still not as bad as boxing but annoys me all the same.

I “don’t like” Jon Jones and Noobs

Fans who blindly support their countrymen no matter what, if you go on twitter you'll know what i'm talking about

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back