What to expect from a colonoscopy?

@Amerikuracana we will all be thinking of your dainty innocent untouched ass tomozzles. Update when you know how it went. Good luck, lovey.

My father had a colonostomy.
His quality of life was good. Took some time to adapt.
He was eventually "reconnected" and is doing great.
It's condition that while uncomfortable, is not a disability.

yougonget.jpg

Yeah I don’t get the liquid. I’m
Supposed to take it the night before, but won’t that make me up all night shitting? I don’t want to not sleep all night before going under. Seems weird.
It's to basically clear out your entire lower gi tract to get the best view when the camera is down there. If there's still shit smeared everywhere it can potentially cause the camera to miss things and give innacurate results and potentially repeating the whole thing. Hope you're alright though man.

I had one a few weeks ago but that was in the UK so my experience may be different to yours .

Don't worry about the procedure too much , it isn't as bad as you think it is.

They make you take a medicine before ( piccolax in my case) to ensure you empty out your bowels so they can inspect it without them being full of shit and obscuring everything.

There's 2 options for anaesthetic in the UK, you can have gas and air or what they call ' full sedation ' which isn't as such. They inject you with a mild anaesthetic and you can't drive for 24 hours and someone had to take you home and be with you after , however you remain conscious during it ( fully awake I thought).

There's an odd sensation at first when they insert the camera sort of a pushing feeling but at the risk of sounding odd , I didn't find it as unpleasant as you would think, just different.

The laxative didn't initially seem to work , then I took the second dose and then it kicked in...or out...went 6 or 7 times in a few hours . I went to sleep about normal time , then woke up after a few hours , went to loo again , then again when I woke up to get ready for procedure. I was more in control with the laxative than with the occasional diarrhea that meant I had to get the colonoscopy but you will want to be near to a toilet just the same.

I was checked and operated last year they found some stuff.
So I done one too.
Only local anesthetics a cream on my butt.
The doc had a TV monitor in front of me so I could see the procedure. NO THANKS.
The laxative was IMO much worse than the procedure it self. Except they pump you full of air and you feel like you are going to explode.
The laxative I got, had to do a 24H cleanse, tasted like rotten seawater and had the same consistence as cooking oil. It was hell to get down and I had to drink a litre/ time. I almost cried.
Nasty stuff.

But the colonoscopy + "operation" took like 30min.
Not problem afterwards at all with anything.
Its not a funny thing to go through but its not as bad as you think it will be.

It's to basically clear out your entire lower gi tract to get the best view when the camera is down there. If there's still shit smeared everywhere it can potentially cause the camera to miss things and give innacurate results and potentially repeating the whole thing. Hope you're alright though man.
I get the purpose; it was the dosing recommendation.

I took at 7, and was done peeing out my butt by like 930. Expected worse.

Shit, I hope it’s not cancer my man... hope you’re healthy.
I’ve been shitting funny for a while now too. Thinking about going to the doctor soon.
Oh well...

I get the purpose; it was the dosing recommendation.

I took at 7, and was done peeing out my butt by like 930. Expected worse.
If you down it quick it isn't too bad, but still blows ass (figuratively and literally). Best of luck to you bro.

Yes, I might have cancer. It’s possible. Blood and funny shaped poo for months and months. Is what is. We will see.

But if you’ve had one, and are a straight male who hasn’t had anything larger that a fingertip in there, what can I expect? The anesthesia will make me feel trash, because it always fkn does for days, but is my azzhole going to be destroyed etc??

What say you?

What say you young man? Did you get a milkshake when you woke?

Back