What to expect from a colonoscopy?

Amerikuracana

Life allows the illusion of relativity
Banned
Reaction score
Yes, I might have cancer. It’s possible. Blood and funny shaped poo for months and months. Is what is. We will see.

But if you’ve had one, and are a straight male who hasn’t had anything larger that a fingertip in there, what can I expect? The anesthesia will make me feel trash, because it always fkn does for days, but is my azzhole going to be destroyed etc??

What say you?

Funny shaped poo? What does it look like.

You're butthole will bounce back no problem, TS.

You'll be put under so you won't feel a thing.

An anoscopy, however, is done while you're awake so you really feel them playing around in your ass. It sucks.

My wife had one and all I remember is she had to drink this gallon of liquid that's designed to give you diarrhea all fucking day before the procedure.

I guess it's to clean it out so they can see better.

She didn't mention her asshole hurting at all (at least not that night!)

Yes, I might have cancer. It’s possible. Blood and funny shaped poo for months and months. Is what is. We will see.

But if you’ve had one, and are a straight male who hasn’t had anything larger that a fingertip in there, what can I expect? The anesthesia will make me feel trash, because it always fkn does for days, but is my azzhole going to be destroyed etc??

What say you?
It's not your arsehole that will be affected, more your intestines inflamed afterwards

but likely you'll get raped as well and won't know a thing

but that's nothing new to you

hope it's nothing serious

I hope you don't have cancer, and yes expect your asshole to hang like mouth of hungry dog for a few weeks.
Dude my ass is TIGHT. Pretty anal retentive and not into assplay. I’m going to be sore :(

My wife had one and all I remember is she had to drink this gallon of liquid that's designed to give you diarrhea all fucking day before the procedure.

I guess it's to clean it out so they can see better.

She didn't mention her asshole hurting at all (at least not that night!)
Yeah I don’t get the liquid. I’m
Supposed to take it the night before, but won’t that make me up all night shitting? I don’t want to not sleep all night before going under. Seems weird.

I'm only a Doctor on Sherdog, but funny shaped poo and blood are more commonly a symptom of internal hemorrhoids. Do you have fever, extreme weightloss without dieting, dissention of your bowels, pain in abdominal area?

I have not heard one so I’m no help there. But I am very sorry to hear that you’re dealing with this. I can only imagine how stressful this just be. I wish the best for you and your health, and I hope your procedure goes well.

I'm only a Doctor on Sherdog, but funny shaped poo and blood are more commonly a symptom of internal hemorrhoids. Do you have fever, extreme weightloss without dieting, dissention of your bowels, pain in abdominal area?
I haven’t had weight loss or weakness, but I have had strange tiredness. More scary is my protein in pee is higher than it should be, so if it’s bad news it could be really bad news.

I haven’t had weight loss or weakness, but I have had strange tiredness. More scary is my protein in pee is higher than it should be, so if it’s bad news it could be really bad news.

Are you overweight? My reason for asking this is one of the more common causes of high protein in urine is diabetes. Another cause of hemorrhoids is being overweight and inactivity. I literally did go to medical school for a while and have had bouts with health anxiety lol. I wish you luck with everything and at least you are getting it checked out.

Are you overweight? My reason for asking this is one of the more common causes of high protein in urine is diabetes. Another cause of hemorrhoids is being overweight and inactivity. I literally did go to medical school for a while and have had bouts with health anxiety lol. I wish you luck with everything and at least you are getting it checked out.
I honestly think it might be 20 years of whey protein abuse.. I have a bit of a dadbod right now, but I plank for 315, and just did 85 decent form incline push ups. I have an unfortunate spare tire from Covid, but I’m not in terrible shape overall.

We’ll see.

I had one a few weeks ago but that was in the UK so my experience may be different to yours .

Don't worry about the procedure too much , it isn't as bad as you think it is.

They make you take a medicine before ( piccolax in my case) to ensure you empty out your bowels so they can inspect it without them being full of shit and obscuring everything.

There's 2 options for anaesthetic in the UK, you can have gas and air or what they call ' full sedation ' which isn't as such. They inject you with a mild anaesthetic and you can't drive for 24 hours and someone had to take you home and be with you after , however you remain conscious during it ( fully awake I thought).

There's an odd sensation at first when they insert the camera sort of a pushing feeling but at the risk of sounding odd , I didn't find it as unpleasant as you would think, just different.

The laxative didn't initially seem to work , then I took the second dose and then it kicked in...or out...went 6 or 7 times in a few hours . I went to sleep about normal time , then woke up after a few hours , went to loo again , then again when I woke up to get ready for procedure. I was more in control with the laxative than with the occasional diarrhea that meant I had to get the colonoscopy but you will want to be near to a toilet just the same.

Last edited:
Back