• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What time of the world would you be most comfortable in?

Before the Internet, I found life to be much more boring.

90s to 2000s without a doubt

Maybe in the near-future battling crazed marauders on the ruined highways of civilization for the last few drops of petrol ...

Attachments

• MV5BMjMxMDQxMDAyN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzcxMTM2NTE@._V1_.jpg
    MV5BMjMxMDQxMDAyN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzcxMTM2NTE@._V1_.jpg
    441.7 KB · Views: 1
The current timeline works for me. I’m half black which would’ve been pretty fucked up if I was born in another timeline.

<6>

Sherdog in the 1800’s be like
1704561932650.gif

This is my choice as well. Things just seemed more optimistic during that time. We had the start of some of the tech we have now but not completely over saturated with social media, smart phones, etc.
Yeah, remember the optimism of the 90s? Now, it’s basically like “We’re all fucking doomed, so let’s just make as much money as possible, no matter what it takes or the cost to humanity.”

500k BC

Eating, climbing trees, and banging. That’s a real life.

Reactions: 666
4:20

Am I really the 1st to make that joke?

Fucking Sherdog used to have standards...

Reactions: 666
Maybe in the near-future battling crazed marauders on the ruined highways of civilization for the last few drops of petrol ...

After the petrol runs out, you can battle over access to a charging station.

I was born in the 70's, grew up in the 80's. No way I'd trade my childhood for what's going on today.
I feel like on the scale of decades changes, the 70's to 80's was rather mild, would you agree?

On the other hand, 50s to 60s was enormous as it jumped from traditional to emancipated. 80's to 90's was huge politically. 00's was huge because of internet but to me the biggest jump was 00's to 2015-ish when the left/right culture war started...

Grew up in the late 80s / early 90s, freaking amazing times

The middle ages, because I've always wanted to be at the top of a high castle wall when invaders are climbing up their ladders, and I get to be the one to push the ladder down while they're on it.

In the modern world I only get to do that to roofers and painters but it's not as fun with only one story.

Early 80s. Computers becoming big, good music, good movies, the greatest of times.

Back