What the hell is with the Sandhagen hype?

The Natural Born Runner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm really confused right now guys.

I just watched the fight from last night and I was not really that impressed, at least not to the degree that some of you guys were on here. Sandhagen showed great heart not to tap to the armbar, but you have to question how he ended up in that position? People are going on like he's the hottest prospect in MMA after last night, I've seen a shitload of threads about him.

Striking looks average, fought a 38 year old BJJ guy and almost got his arm broken, also had blood all over his face. He was supposed to win this fight and it took about 100 punches for him to finish Iuri.

Like, good performance, good win, but you just beat a fringe top 20 Bantamweight whilst getting beaten up pretty badly yourself, I don't understand the hype.

this is the first thread I've read about him today. you might be overstating the hype to justify making a counter-hype thread

so I ask you this: what the hell is with the sandhagen counter-hype, huh BUDDY?

Wtf is Sandhagen hype?

I haven't seen it..

I just watched the fight from last night and I was not really that impressed, at least not to the degree that some of you guys were on here. Sandhagen showed great heart not to tap to the armbar, but you have to question how he ended up in that position? People are going on like he's the hottest prospect in MMA after last night, I've seen a shitload of threads about him.

Striking looks average, fought a 38 year old BJJ guy and almost got his arm broken, also had blood all over his face. He was supposed to win this fight and it took about 100 punches for him to finish Iuri.

Like, good performance, good win, but you just beat a fringe top 20 Bantamweight whilst getting beaten up pretty badly yourself, I don't understand the hype.

That was a great fight.

Is this how you like to wake up every Sunday? Maybe that’s why you can’t get a girl to like you cuz you’re a crybaby

Huh?
I think this is the first thread I seen about the guy.

Sherdog thread: That was an awesome fight!

Some guy: OMG calm down everyone like this dude isn't even top 5 yet

Huh?
I think this is the first thread I seen about the guy.
Same. Was a good fight, kid slipped but dusted himself off and got out of a messy situation and capitalized and gunned out the win, but haven't heard n'or seen the hype train myself.

Same. Was a good fight, kid slipped but dusted himself off and got out of a messy situation and capitalized and gunned out the win, but haven't heard n'or seen the hype train myself.

Didn't see that fight, so thanks for the info.
Did just check FF and he is 9-1 as a pro according to FF.
No pic or even age on the dude.

So yeah.. hype train? :/

Didn't see that fight, so thanks for the info.
Did just check FF and he is 9-1 as a pro according to FF.
No pic or even age on the dude.

So yeah.. hype train? :/
Def worth watching bro, not a long-ass, drawn out bore'fest. Def one to watch if you can.

It could have been stopped many times it's refs fault for causing CTE for Iuri. Ref probably had Over 2.5 bet for this fight who knows

Geez, at least wait until the guy actually has some hype before turning into a hater.

You answered your own question, TS. It was the heart and ability to withstand those submission attempts that people were raving about. That made for a hugely exciting fight. Maybe the best single round this year.

He won a fight last night bro. That = next GOAT on Sherdog.

Back