What the hell is with the Sandhagen hype?

oh wow shut up, you're acting like everyone is talking about the dude just so you could make a stupid thread.

he didn't even get beat up, just almost got armbarred.

and nobody is even hyping this dude like he's some world beater, he's exciting and beat a solid gatekeeper. go watch his debut, it was sick.

Any man who can go through the kind of adversity that Sandhagen did in that first round, when he was in what looked like a completely hopeless position, arm bent back over, prob about to break, face smashed by hammer fists, and then say "fuck it i am not losing this" and come back and pound the other guy and then win the next round, is a man who can get thru almost anything.

An iron mentality is a huge asset in fighting, as it is in life. Being able to think "This too shall pass" when you are in a really bad situation is a powerful weapon to possess.

More power to Cory Sandhagen. I'm a new fan.

this thread is embarrassing. you should be embarrassed.

Y'all really know too much about Cory Sandhagen.

I think TS may be referring to the commentator's last night saying "there is a lot of hype around this colorado fighter" or something to that effect. There really isn't that many threads specifically about him. Yeah, Alcantara is older now but you can't discredit that comeback from Sandhagen.

Did someone say he was top 5 or championship material? All I’ve sent ppl say is it was a good fight and comeback, which it was

I think you invented this hype to start a thread

this is the first thread I've read about him today. you might be overstating the hype to justify making a counter-hype thread

so I ask you this: what the hell is with the sandhagen counter-hype, huh BUDDY?

Legit only thread I’ve seen about the kid and I haven’t left Sherdog in 6 months.

Legit only thread I’ve seen about the kid and I haven’t left Sherdog in 6 months.
Was at least 3-4 threads about him in the last 24 hours, also a load of comments in the PBP thread acting like he was incredible. Twitter was full of "oh my god Sandhagen stole the show" tweets too.

To me it was just a good fight, don't see the big deal.

SANDHOUSE BLESS.

UFC CHAMP IN 3 WEEKS OF TRAINING.

haven't experienced the hype but we as fans can see when a fighter has that "edge", the toughness and skill that makes them a savage, the potential.

Hop on the SandhagenWagon son! Seats are filling up fast!

Cory
3020845-plastic-man.jpg

(RUBBERMAN) Sandhagen was a great fight only because the ref didn't stop the fight when 99.9% of the other refs would've in the 1st round.

Didn't Faber also end up in a similar position against Yuri? He's a really good vet. Top 10 at one point.

Was at least 3-4 threads about him in the last 24 hours, also a load of comments in the PBP thread acting like he was incredible. Twitter was full of "oh my god Sandhagen stole the show" tweets too.

To me it was just a good fight, don't see the big deal.

Um, to not tap and come back and crush the other guy is pretty incredible

Sandhagan will never be able to fully extend his left arm for the rest of his life. That shit's gonna bother him every time he throws a punch in training from now on.

I have no idea how his arm wasn't broken from that armbar. None at all.

Back