• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What should the UFC do about Kelvin Gastelum?

What should the UFC do about Kelvin Gastelum?

• Total voters
Not UFC, but Ray Cooper III missed weight a bunch of times, even at MW.

Kelvin should go to PFL & fight Cooper, they will both show up at 195 lbs for a middleweight fight. :eek:

There was a time when I looked forward to watching Gastelum fight. He was fat even at WW, but damn did he have a lot of raw potential. A decade later, does anyone look forward to watching him fight? Anyone? Of course the UFC should start with cutting 200-300 no names from their roster, but next should be Gastelum. I have no interest whatsoever in watching him fight again, he used to be fun to watch but now he's just boring. The weight cutting issues I don't care about, I want to be entertained and Gastelum is not entertaining.

Gastelum is a badass, and a natural middleweight.
Yes, you heard that right. Cutting weight and dehydrating is unnatural and bodily very unhealthy.
Its not all about height. He may be an inch or two shorter than average for middleweight but he has the build and the bone density to stick to 185. He also has more power there.
Stop this weight cutting bs and stick to where you are healthy and comfortable.
So agree to a fight where you have no intention of making weight, let your opponent cut the weight then don't tell your opponent you can't make weight until a couple days before the fight and not willing to do a catchweight ?
That's bullshit. Imo gastelum should just be released

Other - Department transfer

UFC => #PowerSlap

No caps bro could be LHW champ PVZ sees di opportunity iono why Kelvin so scared to make di jump

Wolverine makes well into 6 figures n him only say like 5 words a day tops Kelvin let me be ur coach broski I got cheat codes fi di technique 🙋🏽‍♂️💥

i say release him. his best days are clearly way behind him and it seems he has no intention of trying to discipline himself. he won't ever be a title contender and he's not exciting.

Wasn't he fighting for an interim title at MW not to long ago? Just keep him at MW.

So D Rod got 30% of his 180/180=360 x 0,3 = 108 plus his own 78 -> 186
So more than he could've earned ( 156 ), plus a new contract, that's probably favorable for stepping in.
But a loss, if Kelvin tries to go anywhere near 170, he gasses badly like against Curtis and at least loses round 3.
Probably round 2 halfway, too.

It's 185 or nothing. They should have done this a long time ago. Fighters that can't make their weight mess everything up and it isn't fair to their opponents either. Things happen sure but Kelvin should be at 185 or retire.
They already did that, they banished him to MW for being a repeat offender in not making weight. After several yrs at MW, he begged them to give him another chance at WW, said it would rejuvenate his career. But instead, he blew his chance again

4th time. (But he's not the worst. Charles and Rumble also missed 4 times. And I think Lineker missed 5 times)

"It will not happen again" - Kevin, 2016

I don't think the UFC cares as long as he keeps on winning.

I mean I think the solution is super simple. Don't let him fight at WW ever again, period. Don't offer him fights at that weight, if he asks for a fight at that weight then rudely tell him no. If he misses weight at MW again, the penalty should be increased to 40% of purse.

4th time. (But he's not the worst. Charles and Rumble also missed 4 times. And I think Lineker missed 5 times)

"It will not happen again" - Kevin, 2016

And Woodley didn't want to take part of his purse
He should have done it, maybe Gastelum would have stuck to a weight he can reach

Ufc will do nothing except book him another fight.ufc knows he misses weight but always let him fight in the end

Back