What should Mir's gameplan be for Overeem?

guns blazin as soon as bell rings or he could take him down

Throw anything you can and hope it lands, as soon as possible. All it will take from either man is one good shot, and it's over.

keep throwing front kicks and hope one lands <_<

and if overeem gets him pinned against the cage, just pull guard. even if overeem pounds him from the top, that would beat what overeem would do to frank mir against the cage

Mir needs to work on his ground game and nothing else. Outstriking Overeem won't happen. He needs to take him down to the ground and keep Overeem there and hope he either submits him or wins by decision.

Get injured before and pull out of the fight

lollll.

I think his best bet is to actually stand with him. If he is lucky enough to catch him with a lucky shot then he can easily finish the fight. Problem is, trying to clinch is a no no and trying to get a straight take down would be very difficult for him because of Overeems strength.

I'm super interested in this fight.

He can't gameplan this fight. Seriously, he really can't. Everything is against him in this fight except for Overeem's chin.

If I were Mir, I'd come out guns blazing.

Punch him and kick him in the head from the distance. Mir definitely has the power to put him out if he connects. Mir has a really bad habit though of letting guys get him against the cage, and if this fight comes to that I don't think Mir can survive the round with Overeem before he slows down.

If Overeem somehow loses this fight, I might actually laugh myself to death.

I'd like to see Mir win.

He needs to stay out of range and land a good punch.. avoid the clinch and weather the early storm.

If Overeem loses this, it's the worst de-railing of any hype train ever in mma.

2cy5tzs.gif

Curl up into a ball, block you head and let Overeem punch you until he gasses. Once he does, and you still have the ability to stand and throw strikes? Throw some, and you'll probably win.

Sad to say it, but I'm expecting Overeem to do something like what Barenett did to Mir.

Overeem might have some issues he needs to fix, but the guy is a fucking bull for the 1st 2 minutes of a fight.

Back