What should Max Holloway do next?

Gotta move up to 155 win a fight then regroup he has options

the possible options...

- Pressure Dana for another title shot
- Keeping beating contenders and wait to get another title shot once someone beats Volkanovski
- Commit to a move to lightweight
Max won that fight. I admit I was surprised by strike counts but max had 1-3 and only clear one rd for vokanovwki. I hate 3 peats and can’t argue with 2 losses. Max fights a money fight at 155 then a top 145. The title shot in 1-1/1/2 years. Nate needs a fight, the Connor payday looks unlikely. Jorge fought 155 not long ago. Cerrone is a big name and very beatable and he makes 155.

He just lost. According to shertards that means he's overrated and should retire

Yeah, no one is "prime" on Sherdog after they lose. And if he loses a couple more down the road he'll be a "can" even though he was considered one of the GOATs until lately. T'is Sherdog.

Honestly from a Max fan this fight is clear evidence that immediate rematches are stupid. Now Max is one loss away from just being considered another good fighter. He should've spent some time winning other fights and seeing if anyone else could solve Volk. Immediate rematches usually permanently wreck the double-losers career.

Why do people want to see Max at lightweight? He doesn't hit hard enough to hurt the top guys at 155. I don't see him posing any problems for Dustin, Conor, Justin, Tony or Khabib.

He needs to stay at 145 where can actually become champ once again.

I would say move up to LW but I think the top 5 guys there probably eat him alive.

Remain in Featherweight and get 3 or 4 wins over the next 2 years, then challenge Volkanovski for the title again. He will be able to make some okay money and get relatively easy wins at Featherweight for the next two years, even if he loses to Volkanovski again when he gets his third title shot.

If he moves to Lightweight, he will not stand a chance against the top 6 fighters of the division (and this includes Khabib, who is a million times worse than Volkanovski), and he sure as hell won't make a good living barely winning against lower ranked Lightweight fighters (who are all still risky, by the way).

Khabib is a million times WORSE than Volko? Did I read the correctly? Lol
<LikeReally5>

Like a lot of people i thought Max clearly won that fight

but watching the ufc stats it clearly show Volk had 3-2 in fact

sooooo, it's now 2-0 for Volk, even if two bout was competitive and could go in each way, i like to see these two fighters fighting someone else, and if both wins.... trilogy baby

Win some fights. Get the first shot when Volkanovski drops the belt.

He's in a tough position. He's big for the the division but doesn't hit as hard as other guys his size. He really only has two good weapons, his stamina and boxing. I think he needs to work on making those kicks a real threat before the sport passes him by.

Back