What separates Mir's submissions from the rest

FutureBwChamp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Is it his committment level? I think a lot of fighters get a sub and slowly apply the pressure to get the tap, where as Mir cranks it not caring what the end result is.

Also what separates elite takedowns from a lot of mma guys? Guys like GSP, Frankie, Mendes and Chael drive at you like they are Goldberg trying to spear your ass. Where as a lot of guys reach and then try to pull you down as opposed to mowing you over?

Not a techincal discussion but is that the basis on why a guy like Mir is so deadly with subs and other guys with their takedowns is that they are going all the way through?

Needs a gif since you mentioned him...

goldberg-spear-o.gif

I think that's part of it and Mir is also a powerful guy, for whatever reason he uses that very well on the ground but not so much with his wrestling or clinch game.

I think the reason guys like GSP, Frankie, Mendes, and Weidman are so often successful on takedowns is timing and feigning well. All of these fighters I mentioned also have good explosive strength meaning they have a good amount of fast twitch muscle fiber unlike someone like Fitch or Shields who seem to have more slow twitch muscle fiber.

I think that's part of it and Mir is also a powerful guy, for whatever reason he uses that very well on the ground but not so much with his wrestling or clinch game.

I think the reason guys like GSP, Frankie, Mendes, and Weidman are so often successful on takedowns is timing and feigning well. All of these fighters I mentioned also have good explosive strength meaning they have a good amount of fast twitch muscle fiber unlike someone like Fitch or Shields who seem to have more slow twitch muscle fiber.

Good point

Most people hold back a little bit when they go for subs. Mir holds nothing back and crancks 100% everytime

Most people hold back a little bit when they go for subs. Mir holds nothing back and crancks 100% everytime

That's what Toquinho does and gets shat on for it.
Just because he's slow as fuck.

Frank Mir is has the scariest subs in the game! He is huge, strong, and pretty ruthless about not caring what happens to his opponent if they don't tap fast enough. If he gets your arm or leg, you better tap fast or he's taking it home with him!

He holds the sub until they don't tap, the guys he hurt refused to tap or thought they could get out too long.

Slow mentally?

That's the only reasonable explanation at this point.

Yeah, mentally.

I wouldn't call him full retard, but slow for sure.

How can you explain a guy that takes too long to release submissions but stops striking out of a sudden because he thought he won the fight?

Frank Mir is has the scariest subs in the game! He is huge, strong, and pretty ruthless about not caring what happens to his opponent if they don't tap fast enough. If he gets your arm or leg, you better tap fast or he's taking it home with him!

I'm pretty sure Palhares' got that title.

His opponents might consider themselves lucky to leave the octagon standing from his record.

I want Mir to fight Werdum so we can put an end to "who the best grappler at HW is", but he has subbed a lot of guys, but not too high level except an over the hill Big Nog.

But, he is fast, if only he learned to wrestle, you would think training with Jones would have taught him a thing or two.

I think it has to do with Mir being stronger than the average jiu jitsu player in MMA.

Toquinho is scarier

Mir- if he don't tap he snap

Toquinho- whatever i snap it anyway

:icon_chee

Mir is a VERY strong guy. People underrate his strength big time, maybe because he was out-muscled by Brock. But next to the average UFC HW, I bet Frank can overpower most of them, plus he's tall enough and his limbs are long enough that he can get good leverage on his subs.

Then he doesn't hold back, he cranks it. Now in fairness, he does give people a chance to tap, but if you don't tap fast then he has no mercy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back