What routine

How is your bench the same as your deadlift?

I stopped deadlifting for a while. My personal best on DL is 455, but as of yesterday it's 355x5. My personal best bench for 5 reps is 295x5, which I'm currently leveled off at for trying 3 sets of 5. It won't take long for my deadlift to get back up to 405x5.

So I'm bumping this because my bench is absolutely walled. I'm making progress on others. Deadlift is at 375x5, and squats today were at 225x3x5, but they're starting to slow down quite a bit. Press is at 175x3x5.

I don't want to stay at the same weight on bench if I can help it, but a simple 3x5 isn't going to cut it, as I'm back to getting my first set of 5 at working weight, then 4 the next set, and 3 the next. What can I do but continue to be at a plateau while the others still are gaining?

So I'm bumping this because my bench is absolutely walled. I'm making progress on others. Deadlift is at 375x5, and squats today were at 225x3x5, but they're starting to slow down quite a bit. Press is at 175x3x5.

I don't want to stay at the same weight on bench if I can help it, but a simple 3x5 isn't going to cut it, as I'm back to getting my first set of 5 at working weight, then 4 the next set, and 3 the next. What can I do but continue to be at a plateau while the others still are gaining?

5/3/1 Is usually good for a Bench stall, but that means less time Squatting. I think you'll just have to decide which Lift is your priority. If you really want to improve your Squat dramatically, go with SS. If you are more concerned with getting your Bench numbers up, run 5/3/1 for a while. But be prepared to see your Squat progress slow down(it will improve, just not as fast as it would on SS).

getting to my maxes on my other lifts is definitely the priority I have right now. I just want to know if it's ok to drop the weight and increase the reps to try and mix it up and see if I can't also break this plateau rather than stay at the same weight for the rest of this program. I will be starting week 4 tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back