what ranks are all you guys in BJJ

D

dan1210

im a purple belt out of american top team under marcel ferraria

no belt, not even white under Caeser(spell check) at Machado. i just roll up with boardshorts and a shirt like a newbie.
-Jon

Blue belt under Fabio Santos. And a pathetic slacker. :icon_cry2

No-gi no-belt under Marcelo Steenhagen and Charuto V. I've used a gi twice; it's not worth the boredom factor just to pick up belts, IMO.

Sauron said:
white, not even a stripe :(

there are no stripes, all BJJ belts have a stripe just get one of those and youll have one nut BJJ doesnt use stripes just belts

dan1210 said:
there are no stripes, all BJJ belts have a stripe just get one of those and youll have one nut BJJ doesnt use stripes just belts

where i train you have four stripes before the next belt

I

Blue - from a purple belt in Japan that none of you have heard of.

dan1210 said:
common im 21 i cant be the highest belt here

Belts are overrated. It's not about what belt you are, it's about how you stack up with guys who're legit grapplers. I think most mainland USA purple belts would get eaten alive by many Brazil or Hawaii guys of equal or lesser rank. A belt is only meaningful if (a) whoever gave it to someone gave it for a good reason, not just because that person came to class and paid every day for a year, and (b) the instructor is the real deal, not some low belt affiliate who charges $100 per month. Not to take anything at all away from your belt (which is OBVIOUSLY genuine and deserved under Top Team)! Just making the point that not every belt is anywhere near equal, and in many cases the belts are given for the wrong reasons.

How long have you been training with those guys?

jpark4 said:
no belt, not even white under Caeser(spell check) at Machado. i just roll up with boardshorts and a shirt like a newbie.
-Jon

Funny, because that's how our instructor rolls up and teaches, and he's a 27 year black belt :wink:

dan1210 said:
Dude,what the fuck are you tripping on. Some schools have stripes, some don't. Or is this some fucked up form of sarcasm I don't get?
Blue for about a year now.

White

We don't use stripes either - pity because I think at whitebelt level at least it's nice for newer guys to know if they're againsed someone with 1 week or 1 years worth of training.

The stripes break things up a bit.

dan1210 said:
diferent schools use diferent sistems, for example my school does'nt have stripes in whites or purples, just blues, but when I whent to werdums place he had whites with stripes

I'm a 3 stripe blue by the way

Still white after almost two and a half years of BJJ two or three times a week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back