What, No Knees, Really Junior?

Black Gi

Gold Belt
Reaction score
method=get&rs=80&q=75&x=36&y=5&w=661&h=461&ro=0&s=jds-velasquez-12-30-12-2-35-22-434.jpg

Now we all know that Junior Dos Santos is known for his upper limb strikes rather than his lower.

And by around the 3rd he started throwing some jolting inside elbows to the face of Cain Valasquez, but Cain was often open for knees to the body.

Knees to the body can sap the opponents energy and best case scenario end a fight.

It is somewhat surprising that JDS did not utilise this tool, even more so that he was raised under the same umbrella as Anderson Silva.

Hat

Knees = Giving up the single leg which was Cain's choice takedown in that fight

JDS could have won with a better gas tank, by the second, because of the knockdown but also because of the pace he had zero snap on anything - later in the fight he got his wits about him but he hardly had enough energy to land big thudding knees - and if he had thrown more (he threw a few) he'd have been gifting his leg to one of the better chain wrestlers in MMA

I was alot more suprised JDS didnt throw any uppercuts.

Cain was so open for uppercuts since he closed in so obviously with his head down all the time, but JDS never capitalized on that.

Pwned by whitebelts, c'mon man you're better than this ;]

method=get&rs=80&q=75&x=36&y=5&w=661&h=461&ro=0&s=jds-velasquez-12-30-12-2-35-22-434.jpg

Now we all know that Junior Dos Santos is known for his upper limb strikes rather than his lower.

And by around the 3rd he started throwing some jolting inside elbows to the face of Cain Valasquez, but Cain was often open for knees to the body.

Knees to the body can sap the opponents energy and best case scenario end a fight.

It is somewhat surprising that JDS did not utilise this tool, even more so that he was raised under the same umbrella as Anderson Silva.

Hat

Pwned by whitebelts, c'mon man you're better than this ;]

Anderson knees wrestlers.

Junior has better TTD.

So no.

I also saw several openings for a knee. This was a heavyweight fight that went five rounds. It wasn't fought a lightspeed. Even in the last round a well placed knee like the ones delivered by Machida on Tito or Anderson on Chael, both knees by Brazilians in high stakes fights against American wrestlers. The knee does not put you off balance as much as a body kick and can be thrown quicker in less space too.

True indeed.

I'm not talking about flying knees in the middle of the octagon.

I'm talking about knees from the clinch ala Kongo.

JDS could and should have used them.

He could have won the fight with them.

I also saw several openings for a knee. This was a heavyweight fight that went five rounds. It wasn't fought a lightspeed. Even in the last round a well placed knee like the ones delivered by Machida on Tito or Anderson on Chael, both knees by Brazilians in high stakes fights against American wrestlers. The knee does not put you off balance as much as a body kick and can be thrown quicker in less space too.

JDS was out on his feet for awhile. I thought he was hanging in there ok considering he was out of it. JDS just couldnt handle the pace of Cain. I like both of these guys.

Junior has better TTD.

So no.

The guy who got wrestle humped for 23mins straight? Anderson's tdd ain't great, in fact it's the only ***** in his armour.

Junior has better TTD.

So no.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!

You are comparing a slow, out-on-his-feet JDS to an unhurt, lightning-quick Anderson?

And wasn't Chael sitting on his butt against the cage when one knee landed?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!

Knees = Giving up the single leg which was Cain's choice takedown in that fight

JDS could have won with a better gas tank, by the second, because of the knockdown but also because of the pace he had zero snap on anything - later in the fight he got his wits about him but he hardly had enough energy to land big thudding knees - and if he had thrown more (he threw a few) he'd have been gifting his leg to one of the better chain wrestlers in MMA

Junior had Cain against the cage on occasion. A well timed knee to the body could have proved withering.

A few short chopping knees to Cain’s thighs could have slowed his TD attempts.

It’s a valuable to which he needs to incorporate (imo).

Uhh maybe he doesn't want to get taken down again and a knee is easy for Cain to grab on, think before you speak please.

when has JDS ever thrown kicks and knees?

he's been a one dimensional boxer ever since he entered the UFC and got exposed hard last night. was fence grabbing like a mother fucker in the first round too. seriously fucking LOL at the people who thought he had a chance at standing with Overeem. Velasquez was lighting him up.

Dont Know JDS just looked not ready ,and he was going backwards , not intrested in match in first round, and after that well.......
Maybe someone won a lot of money from this fight????????????

Back