What, No Knees, Really Junior?

I wrestled for most of my life and at a high level for a long time anderson silva has terrible tdd from doubles but his tdd from upper body locks is absolutely phenomenal.It's crazy a guy could have such a dramatic difference between the two.

I'd agree with that.

With regards to the hindsight allegation, Junior

Knees = Giving up the single leg which was Cain's choice takedown in that fight

JDS could have won with a better gas tank

16,000 posts and you still don't know the difference between rocked and bad cardio?

when has JDS ever thrown kicks and knees?

he's been a one dimensional boxer ever since he entered the UFC and got exposed hard last night. was fence grabbing like a mother fucker in the first round too. seriously fucking LOL at the people who thought he had a chance at standing with Overeem. Velasquez was lighting him up.

I agree JDS is a bit too one-dimensional, but once again, JDS-Cain tells us nothing about Overeem vs JDS. Overeem would gas in about 2 minutes if he went into relentless pressure wrestling/striking mode like Cain and Sonnen do. Sergei is another boxing-centric fighter and he did quite well against Overeem in their rematch. His style is closer to JDS than Cain.

I highly doubt that would have made much difference. You assume that Cain wouldn't compensate for JDS starting to use the knees, which isn't very logical.

You also claim that it's so easy because Anderson throws knees now and then against wrestlers, and completely disregard that JDS stated himself that he was really worried about the takedowns and therefor made more fundamental errors than not using knees.

You're starting in the wrong end and your conclusions are too shallow imo. Of course JDS could have thrown a knee here and there, but that certainly wasn't the biggest problems he had.

Lol.

There did seem to be many chances for a knee or uppercut in the clinch, JDS was often in position, but he just didnt seem to have the energy to control or pull down from the clinch, or create the space to throw a knee.

I think the combination of being rocked, being tired, and having constant pressure and fear of the takedown really played into his mind.

JDS said himself he didn't know why he didn't utilise his BJJ more rather than just keep standing up, it was like the most important thing for JDS to do was keep the fight standing, but with that it took away his ability to actually win the fight.

16,000 posts and you still don't know the difference between rocked and bad cardio?

No, I do.
I also know that being rocked taxes your cardio, no matter how good it is. Also, having good cardio can be an asset when you're rocked and aids in recovery.

I also know that rocked or not, bot JDS and Cain slowed down significantly by the end of the second round - and more as the fight progressed, though at different rates.

And most of all I know that if JDS had better cardio (especially considering he was getting his second wind in the championship rounds, and we can assume he was recovered because his striking began to look sharper, even if he was exhausted) he'd have had a better chance at winning.

So no, it didn't take me 16000 post to know the difference, nor did it take me that long to know the above. Both are common sense.

No, I do.
I also know that being rocked taxes your cardio, no matter how good it is. Also, having good cardio can be an asset when you're rocked and aids in recovery.

I also know that rocked or not, bot JDS and Cain slowed down significantly by the end of the second round - and more as the fight progressed, though at different rates.

And most of all I know that if JDS had better cardio (especially considering he was getting his second wind in the championship rounds, and we can assume he was recovered because his striking began to look sharper, even if he was exhausted) he'd have had a better chance at winning.

So no, it didn't take me 16000 post to know the difference, nor did it take me that long to know the above. Both are common sense.

I agree but like you said being rocked puts a hurt on your cardio and taking a beating for another 2 full rounds isn't going to help it improve. Amazing that JDS was able to look fresher in the later rounds but I think it was more of a constant beating after being rocked rather than a bad gas tank. If anything I think Cain's cardio is overrated. It's very good but he slowed down significantly and that was the only reason JDS was able to look better.

Back