What movies have not aged well?

For me,

Clerks
Lethal Weapon
The Matrix es

The Terminator mentioned and now this.

GTFO!

tenor.gif

OK, as much as this pains me to say, cause I love the film its self. Event horizon has aged real bad.

never seen this movie, but for some reason I read about it, sleazy AF on and off camera

Michelle Johnson was damn fine, but I can help but think she'd be told to lose weight today.
2802414.jpg

Michael Caine was tapping his own niece. Strange movie but that girl was irresistable

OK, as much as this pains me to say, cause I love the film its self. Event horizon has aged real bad.

I hate remakes but I've always felt that movie left something on the table. The premise of Event Horizon was too epic for 1997. Great movie nonetheless

Beat the fuck out of waiting to see Sylvester Stallone and Arnold on screen together and then have them and Bruce Willis talk about sucking each other's dicks in The Expendables.
Written by a guy with a Best Screenplay Oscar nomination.

Pathetic.

Never seen that turd. Thankfully I think I made the right choice after seeing that clip

Are you 15? Got Down’s? I was referring to the baggy, ill-fitting men’s clothes of the late 90’s/early 2000’s. That shit hasn’t aged well at all, along with many other - more important - aspects about that movie.

Now we are talking clothes in a movie that didn't age well...

<LikeReally5>

I liked Heat for its time but I think Den of Thieves surpasses it in story, pacing, gun battles, but not acting.Even though I like Gerard Butler, 50 cent didnt even suck in this, he fit the role.

There is definately updated tactics here. Clinging to Heats shootout is definately a nostalgia thing for you guys. Especially coming from a timeframe standard.

Den of thieves....<45><45><45><45>

You lost me at that.

Beat the fuck out of waiting to see Sylvester Stallone and Arnold on screen together and then have them and Bruce Willis talk about sucking each other's dicks in The Expendables.

Written by a guy with a Best Screenplay Oscar nomination.

Pathetic.

Yo, wait. Is this a fan edit? @1:23 and @1:57 - it's the same take of "That's right."

Anyways, Expendables franchise was the biggest disappointment of my life. All 3 movies were shot with PG-13 in mind (they switched it to an R-Rating after fan outrage on the first two, but finally bit the bullet on the 3rd one - which was the worst). So the entire shindig was a watered down mess from the get go. They just never learned.

I dug the whole fan hoopla around the movies, though. Its IMDB message board was off the walls. Funniest bunch of trolls I've ever encountered. I kind of miss those days.

Last edited:
Terminator watched it a few weeks ago........ dsmn the special effects look cheezy
There's some cheezy parts but like 90% of the movie is better than it would be today

The slightly grainy/distorated picture and lack of lighting makes it creeper and more realisitc. Same movie filmed in 2019 they would make it too polished, have too many forced special effects, and too much clean studio lighting.

Terminatior is actually a movie that would be worst if filmed today (not a good example)

Yea I agree with Ezekiel. If a movie takes place in a decade, you can't blame them for wearing the clothes of the decade (what else would they wear?)

What is punishable is when a show in the 80s supposedly takes place in the year 2000 and everyone has a hoverboard, dresses like the teletubbies, and has a big bulky supercomputer... (not predicting that the most powerful computers would one day be super small).

I didn’t catch the part that showed the story took place in the 90s. I humbly take back my comments about the characters’ clothes. Anyway, this was the lesser of my annoyances. There were other things about this movie that felt very overdone/cliche/90s cringe: the forceful, cheesy, overwitty and unrealistic lines; the excessive plot twists; the cops always being extremely angry/stressed, constantly fighting each other, with physical altercations breaking out every other minute, typically over the fact that someone wants to take the investigation away from a certain cop (“the fuckin feds want muh case wahhh”). The film just felt older than it actually is.

There's some cheezy parts but like 90% of the movie is better than it would be today

The slightly grainy/distorated picture and lack of lighting makes it creeper and more realisitc. Same movie filmed in 2019 they would make it too polished, have too many forced special effects, and too much clean studio lighting.

Terminatior is actually a movie that would be worst if filmed today (not a good example)

Fair point

I don't think you guys know what "not aging well" means.

The effects from a movie 40 years old don't look as good as today? The clothing looks like it's from the era the movie was filmed in? Heat is obviously from the 90s? Well yeah what the hell do you guys expect? Aging well doesn't mean predicting the future!

Back