What MMA fighter do you think could become a movie star?

Sergei Kharatonov could be the next Ivan Drago

We've had Randy in the Expendables... he was solid but the obvious is that Randy has zero charisma, on screen presence, or acting ability.

GSP perfectly cast in the Winter Soldier as Batroc...however all the reasons why he'll never be a viable acting star just see the above critique of handy...plus he's Canadian. (Shatner gets a pass)

Rousey and Carano didn't do it for me (from an acting stand point only)

Honorable mentions.

As Long as Jardine doesn't speak he's been pretty believable/solid in the b-rate action stuff I've seen him in. I Think He, and Wanderlei would make excellent serial murders, or post apocalypse brutes in some horror action type flick like the 28 days weeks zombie apocalypse franchise. ( imagine wanderlei with the rage virus lol)
Though he's Canadian.... I thing Rory Mac would make a great psycho, or soldier in movies. that's if he can act.

And finally......and though I hate to admit it ...I Think Conor has the biggest raw potential to crossover to Hollywood like the Rock did. dude has

charisma

the "look"

loves the limelight and the camera

naturally at ease acting (no way he's that narcissistic irl)

so he's my pick.

who you got and why?
you don't need to be a good actor to be a movie star.

I still think carano is a star because of her imdb page.

rampage could have been a bigger star but I think he lacked ambition.

conor McGregor seems to have the high profile and ability to get attention so he might have a future in film.

I think bisping could totally be the next Vinnie Jones. Being typecast as a British thug, gangster, henchmen or whatever.. we'll see how he does in the new XXX

Seems like Woodley is trying to get out there. He could end up getting a bunch of parts based on his physique.
I also saw bisping on strike back on cinemax ,cinemax is owned by hbo so he could he some roles on premium channels.

We've had Randy in the Expendables... he was solid but the obvious is that Randy has zero charisma, on screen presence, or acting ability.

GSP perfectly cast in the Winter Soldier as Batroc...however all the reasons why he'll never be a viable acting star just see the above critique of handy...plus he's Canadian. (Shatner gets a pass)

Rousey and Carano didn't do it for me (from an acting stand point only)

Honorable mentions.

As Long as Jardine doesn't speak he's been pretty believable/solid in the b-rate action stuff I've seen him in. I Think He, and Wanderlei would make excellent serial murders, or post apocalypse brutes in some horror action type flick like the 28 days weeks zombie apocalypse franchise. ( imagine wanderlei with the rage virus lol)
Though he's Canadian.... I thing Rory Mac would make a great psycho, or soldier in movies. that's if he can act.

There are plenty of good Canadian actors. They just all seem to move to California. Like Keanu Reeves (but his dad is American and he's a legal resident)

iu

Step Up 7: Here..we...go.

Not one single fighter on the roster appeals. I'd just stick with wrestlers.

The best guys on the mic would probably translate the best into acting. By mic I don't mean Nate Diaz cutting funny one liners like "I ain't surprise motherfuckers". I mean a guy who can actually work the mic, someone who would do well in cutting Pro Wrestling promos. I would say Josh Barnett, Chael Sonnen and hell since he's technically on the roster CM Punk could hack it on some level. Guys like Luke Rockhold, Chuck Liddell, Tito Ortiz, GSP ..etc would be awful.

Jardine has the most potential as a typecast thug/psycho IMO.

I don't really see any obvious roles Conor would excel at. Too small to be a thug, not pretty enough to be a leading man, too macho to be a Weasley villain.

None of them. Leave acting to the actors.
I've been surprised at the crossover of comedians who do really well in drama roles, even when I don't like them as comedians.

Jardine did good taking a whoopin from hank in breaking bad. Looked just like most of his fights.

I never thought I would say this but I thought GSP was great in Kickboxer Vengeance.

For me I really liked it (and if you have Netflix it is free), I grew up in the 80's and the movie reminded me of the martial arts movies that I grew up on it was kind of nostalgic. If you are younger you may not like it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back