What MMA fighter do you think could become a movie star?

Jack Handy jr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We've had Randy in the Expendables... he was solid but the obvious is that Randy has zero charisma, on screen presence, or acting ability.

GSP perfectly cast in the Winter Soldier as Batroc...however all the reasons why he'll never be a viable acting star just see the above critique of handy...plus he's Canadian. (Shatner gets a pass)

Rousey and Carano didn't do it for me (from an acting stand point only)

Honorable mentions.

As Long as Jardine doesn't speak he's been pretty believable/solid in the b-rate action stuff I've seen him in. I Think He, and Wanderlei would make excellent serial murders, or post apocalypse brutes in some horror action type flick like the 28 days weeks zombie apocalypse franchise. ( imagine wanderlei with the rage virus lol)
Though he's Canadian.... I thing Rory Mac would make a great psycho, or soldier in movies. that's if he can act.

And finally......and though I hate to admit it ...I Think Conor has the biggest raw potential to crossover to Hollywood like the Rock did. dude has

charisma

the "look"

loves the limelight and the camera

naturally at ease acting (no way he's that narcissistic irl)

so he's my pick.

who you got and why?

Rockhold has the looks but the charisma of a wet paper towel.

I'm surprised Rampage didn't get any more big roles after the A Team.

Damn forgot about Hampage. dude was solid in the A-Team which is an under appreciated Comedy/action piece.

Sheldon Westcott is from my area. Obviously, not well known in the UFC but he is conventionally good looking and in fantastic shape. He looks like a guy who could cross over if everything aligned for him.

But, in full disclosure, I don't get the impression he's exceptionally bright.

Chael Sonnen and Kenny Florian....maybe Carlos Condit

I think Overeem would have great potential. His personality is very polarizing to where he could play many different roles.

Rampage was acting alongside Liam Neeson and Bradley Cooper so his awkward delivery was very noticeable. Plus, he tends to mumble.

I think Overeem would have great potential. His personality is very polarizing to where he could play many different roles.

we'd have to make him Ubereem again though. like many others his physique has taken too much of a drastic hit/change after he went off the vitamins. prime Uberreem as the new tong po or something would've been awesome "chong li good phuck!"

Couture is a turrible actor. Not sure how he keeps getting work.

Rampage was really good. Not sure why he doesn't get more work.

I think bisping could totally be the next Vinnie Jones. Being typecast as a British thug, gangster, henchmen or whatever.. we'll see how he does in the new XXX

Seems like Woodley is trying to get out there. He could end up getting a bunch of parts based on his physique.

Like other UFC stars, unless they are playing a henchmen or a fighter in a movie like Bloodsport/Kickboxer, they aren't going to be very good. They don't have the acting ability. We're only there to see them punch people.

10 posts...and no one has said Conor yet... even after the bait I threw out in the OP....there's hope for sherdog yet,.

Couture is a turrible actor. Not sure how he keeps getting work.

Rampage was really good. Not sure why he doesn't get more work.
Everybody seemed to pan Rampage in the A-Team but I thought he was servicable. IMO if he got roles that allowed him to showcase his natural charisma more instead of being the scowling muscle it would feel more natural.

Gina is the best moving starso far but Batisa is ctaching up quick and is once his new Gaurdains movie comes out he will pass her as the biggest. Not sure which made more Gaurdians or Deadpool but Gaurdians 2 will be huge

I don't know, but I think Cruz could've done something had his popularity matched timelines with One Tree Hill. He could've played some jerk teenager who just moved into town, or played basketball for a rival town. But the role of asshole brother would've probably been perfect for him.

Chris leben.

He could be a mean elf, or dumb munchkin!

I don't know, but I think Cruz could've done something had his popularity matched timelines with One Tree Hill. He could've played some jerk teenager who just moved into town, or played basketball for a rival town. But the role of asshole brother would've probably been perfect for him.
The munsters remake. He's perfect for eddie

Back