What is your side hustle?

I was selling sports cards on eBay for a few years but lately have been slowing down on that.

Really? I found some of my hockey cards from the 80s just before christmas when my parents were moving. A Mark Messier and Stevie Y, Bret Hull and Grant Furr rookies cards jumped out at me.

Drug dealer to affluent Silicon Valley techies.

Internet business I mostly just oversee.

My manager knows his shit. He was just an employee like 4-5 years ago and things went down where a patron he was kicking out pulled a knife and stuck him. Of the guys that were there when that happened only him and 2 others are still there... he became manager and overhauled everything.

Dude at the door is a former Ranger. 3 of the "roaming" bouncers were infantry, two guys were low level pro fighters, one dude went to college on a wrestling scholarship so it's a bunch of people that know their shit.

Between all of us that work there if you add up all the experience it's like nearly 60 years of experience working a nightclub as security between us.

Now if only business would pick up so I could get more than one shift a week... being the new guy sucks... you get the last shifts... shit end of night work....

ARGH!

Thats a pretty fucking solid team

Best one i had was a wrestling champ,pro mma guy, powerlifter and pro boxer

(Honestly i liked regular guys more who just needed money than "badasses",some guys can throw down but you cant trust them)

none but I probably should come up with one I want to buy a ford raptor.

Thats a pretty fucking solid team

Best one i had was a wrestling champ,pro mma guy, powerlifter and pro boxer

(Honestly i liked regular guys more who just needed money than "badasses",some guys can throw down but you cant trust them)
The way you get hired here is working interview essentially. You get to work like 4 shifts with the entire crew then the manager as well as the owner sit down with each of the security staff AND BAR STAFF individually and ask how they feel about you. You have to be unanimously "voted in" to stay so to speak.

In my case shit popped off three times in 10 minutes to the point we had to close early and all the guys immediately after we threw the garbage out and took care of that were like "hey... we don't have to do individual sit downs for this guy after tonight right?"

I was essentially hired after my first night.

Last edited:
none but I probably should come up with one I want to buy a ford raptor.
I'd love a Raptor myself but they're one of the dumbest truck purchases out there.

FOR THE MONEY, you could get a King Ranch F350 that rides better, can still tow shit, has a BIG FUCK OFF diesel engine in it and has more space in the cab and a slightly bigger yet still considered short shortbed truck.

I have made 6 figures since 2001. But th elast 5 I have made really good wood. But my buddy owns a used car spot and sometimes likes To take saturdays off so he made me a deal that was too hard to pass up. I can always say no. But for every Saturday I work, I do a 9-3. He pays me 200 in cash to show and 200 for every car I sell. I usually sell at least 1. It’s easy cash. I average 1000 a month, and don’t work more than 3 Saturdays, most of the time I just work 2.

Selling number two pencils on the streets;
Hoping to get promoted to erasers sales but I don’t want to let success go to my head at this stage.

I'd love a Raptor myself but they're one of the dumbest truck purchases out there.

FOR THE MONEY, you could get a King Ranch F350 that rides better, can still tow shit, has a BIG FUCK OFF diesel engine in it and has more space in the cab and a slightly bigger yet still considered short shortbed truck.

The F350 King Ranch does not ride better, the F250 rides better than the F350 but the Raptor is a much better ride still.
And King Ranchs smell like stables, yuk.

I don't have a regular job so they're all kind of like side jobs. I work part-time at an institute which takes precedence over everything else. I teach as a freelancer and also do some freelance translating. I also take any work I can get.

The F350 King Ranch does not ride better, the F250 rides better than the F350 but the Raptor is a much better ride still.
And King Ranchs smell like stables, yuk.
The one I rode in rode like a Cadillac and the one complaint I've always heard about the Raptor is going down the freeway you can feel every bump in the road.

I sell pop culture things on amazon. I don’t really need the money but I enjoy it

I find sales, like when I bought all these captain America shields and Star Trek back pack things and I made more than double on everything.

If you wanted to dedicate yourself to this you could most likely quit your full time job to do this instead.

I collect rare/hard to find whiskeys. It’s less of a side hustle and more so a hobby, though I do sell from time to time at a pretty hefty profit. Typically that gets reinvested back toward other bottles (hence it being more of a hobby), but not always. Mainly it’s just something I enjoy. If I chose to do so, I could sell my collection and buy a fairly nice car.

I'd consider doing this but no idea where to start. Where do you find them? Did you buy limited batch releases and hold on to them? Auctions?

What do you do to make money outside of your regular job (without implicating yourself for illegal activity, that is).
Used to play online poker before stars/Full Tilt were shut down to Americans. Made a decent amount of money over several years playing part time. Have played sparingly over the last couple years and made some money here and there.

Back