• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What is your pick for the worst moment in WWF/E history?

You have two threads posted here, both with OP's that make claims you know will get negative reactions, and then hide behind "my opinion". All the while dismissing the opinions of others.

You start these threads to get a reaction you can then argue your point into the ground when people disagree with you. This makes you a troll and you know it.

And before you run with the "younger generation" BS again, I'm 54 and been watching since the early 70's.

You have two threads posted here, both with OP's that make claims you know will get negative reactions, and then hide behind "my opinion". All the while dismissing the opinions of others.

You start these threads to get a reaction you can then argue your point into the ground when people disagree with you. This makes you a troll and you know it.

And before you run with the "younger generation" BS again, I'm 54 and been watching since the early 70's.
Again someone was wrong when I simply stated that Austin himself regretted the heel turn decision and was acting like they were right and I was wrong and claimed he said the exact opposite.

So I posted evidence of Steve saying what I told the other poster to begin with and then all of sudden I get called a troll and accused of an "alt account" which is my favorite one lol because they got accept being wrong. So again where does me posting evidence to back up my claim on what this specific wrestler said indicate that exactly?

I'll wait

Angle jobbing to Baron fucking Corbin in a throw away match.

I don't care that he lost his final match, and that it was short given his ailments...but Baron Corbin was the best they could come up with?
I think they were still looking at Corbin as a potential big deal. They seemed to always give that guy a push, no matter how badly he was failing to get over. Wasn't he King of the Ring at that time? One of Vince's man crushes, I'd imagine.

While we're on the topic of odd "retirement" matches, Edge choosing friggin' Sheamus for his WWE swan song was a bit strange, even with Edge's rationale. Granted, I don't know who would've made more sense, unless AEW loaned the WWE Christian for one night, but still...Sheamus?

Austin's heel turn at Wrestlemania 17 is my number one pick

What about you guys?
Opening statement by you. With zero context or guidelines opens the door for people to think you're trolling.

1st person to suggest you might not be serious and you jump at the chance to argue your "opinion" as the God's honest fact of all facts.

It was the worst moment ever in company history, then what came with it afterwards
Bold statement laying down the gauntlet to see who will challenge your assertation. My Spot decides to take the bait and the fight is on. Just what you wanted.

Again someone was wrong when I simply stated that Austin himself regretted the heel turn decision and was acting like they were right and I was wrong and claimed he said the exact opposite.

So I posted evidence of Steve saying what I told the other poster to begin with and then all of sudden I get called a troll and accused of an "alt account" which is my favorite one lol because they got accept being wrong. So again where does me posting evidence to back up my claim on what this specific wrestler said indicate that exactly?

I'll wait
Wait all you want.

I think they were still looking at Corbin as a potential big deal. They seemed to always give that guy a push, no matter how badly he was failing to get over. Wasn't he King of the Ring at that time? One of Vince's man crushes, I'd imagine.

While we're on the topic of odd "retirement" matches, Edge choosing friggin' Sheamus for his WWE swan song was a bit strange, even with Edge's rationale. Granted, I don't know who would've made more sense, unless AEW loaned the WWE Christian for one night, but still...Sheamus?
They had something with the Happy Corbin/Sad Corbin storyline, but it just didn't go anywhere. Corbin teaming with Bron in NXT was amazing to see. It really brought the personality out of both guys and would have been nice to see on the main roster even if for a little bit.

Corbin is a good hand, but definitely not a "star".

The Edge and Sheamus match was fine for Edge's send off since it was the 1st time they ever went one on one, and it being a request by Edge. I have no problem with it.

I think the 3 biggest whiffs in recent memory are:

Jinder as champ. At the time I was ok with it just because it was something different. At the time we were in a death loop of Randy/Roman/Brock/Sheamus(?) as champ and something new needed to be done. Jinder just was the wrong choice.

Kofi as champ. I feel this is even worse than Jinder as champ. Tag guy who given a token "here's for being a good hand all these years" run. No, just no.

Rollins vs The Feind Hell in a Cell. Holy fuck was this an abortion. The red lights, the ending, etc. The whole feud turned Seth into a complete joke and killed any credibility he had. He's just now starting to recover a bit.

Bray/the Feind have been in a bunch of stupid matches come to think of it. That Mt Dew Blackout or whatever match was shit too. Only good thing to come out of it was it helped, somehow, to LA Knight getting over.

Opening statement by you. With zero context or guidelines opens the door for people to think you're trolling.

1st person to suggest you might not be serious and you jump at the chance to argue your "opinion" as the God's honest fact of all facts.

Bold statement laying down the gauntlet to see who will challenge your assertation. My Spot decides to take the bait and the fight is on. Just what you wanted.

Wait all you want.
This response doesn't support your argument.

I didn't need to add any context to my OP, the post was " What is your pick for the worst moment in WWF/E history?" Which means list something that was terrible from the company

No one had to be specific there, anyone can list their pick and many here have including myself.

No, that person who was debating with me was actually claiming I was "wrong" when I said Steve Austin himself regretted the whole heel turn and I posted tons of evidence including a podcast clip and then all of a sudden many here accused me of being an "alt" or a troll because they couldn't handle being wrong no one took the this imaginary "bait" you're claiming.

Thanks for confirming you have no argument and it's basically "oh no he's a troll because he posted something that backed his claim about a star regretting 1 decision"

Here's my advice, try and identify what a troll is because stating something that's true doesn't mean someone is... This generation

They had something with the Happy Corbin/Sad Corbin storyline, but it just didn't go anywhere. Corbin teaming with Bron in NXT was amazing to see. It really brought the personality out of both guys and would have been nice to see on the main roster even if for a little bit.

Corbin is a good hand, but definitely not a "star".

The Edge and Sheamus match was fine for Edge's send off since it was the 1st time they ever went one on one, and it being a request by Edge. I have no problem with it.

I think the 3 biggest whiffs in recent memory are:

Jinder as champ. At the time I was ok with it just because it was something different. At the time we were in a death loop of Randy/Roman/Brock/Sheamus(?) as champ and something new needed to be done. Jinder just was the wrong choice.

Kofi as champ. I feel this is even worse than Jinder as champ. Tag guy who given a token "here's for being a good hand all these years" run. No, just no.

Rollins vs The Feind Hell in a Cell. Holy fuck was this an abortion. The red lights, the ending, etc. The whole feud turned Seth into a complete joke and killed any credibility he had. He's just now starting to recover a bit.

Bray/the Feind have been in a bunch of stupid matches come to think of it. That Mt Dew Blackout or whatever match was shit too. Only good thing to come out of it was it helped, somehow, to LA Knight getting over.
Of all that, I'd say the bumbling of the Wyatt family(and Bray obviously) in general was a big old fail. They deserved so much better. They were basically enhancement talent for guys who were already over. Hopefully they don't bungle the new group up.

At least Kofi lost the belt in an appropriate way, for such a useless champ. Can't believe people got mad at that, as if little Kofi would be a threat to Brock Lesnar.

No normal person would engage with an entire forum of people who disagree with and dislike him unless they were purposefully trying to be a shithead. Or he's just a wrestling fan. We're all demented.

The Benoit murder-suicide is the standalone moment imo. Countless of other horrible moments, but this situation could’ve killed the company. Especially during a time where everyone was looking for an excuse to hate on wrestling.

The Benoit murder-suicide is the standalone moment imo. Countless of other horrible moments, but this situation could’ve killed the company. Especially during a time where everyone was looking for an excuse to hate on wrestling.
I was going back and forth between that and the Owen Hart tragedy. Deciding to continue the show is wild, hearing from some wrestlers years later how they were told what happened and they need to go out there and perform is crazy.

Not as memorable so more of an honorable mention but who the hell agreed to air the Muhammad Hassan angle on tv?! Ruined a guys career over something out of his hands, dude seems happy as a principal now at least. I remember they got major heat from news networks at the time and UPN demanded they pull the character or else.

No normal person would engage with an entire forum of people who disagree with and dislike him unless they were purposefully trying to be a shithead. Or he's just a wrestling fan. We're all demented.
No normal person like this would make a false assumption without reading the thread and understanding. There was no disagreement, one guy got their facts wrong, surely many here can read

Last edited:
39387pcn_heidibikinivegas08.jpg

I'm still a bit undecided if it's the worst or the best moment in WWE history, but i think Heidenreich raping Michael Cole is up there on both lists.

1.jpg

I think the answer to the OP's question is this thread.

It's between Owen and Benoit, honestly. Two avoidable tragedies concerning immensely talented performers, and the results of both are still felt today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuralAttacker25
Back