What is YOUR goto move: Side Control Edition

Kimura. Side control is absolutely my favorite postion, just so many options from there. American, Kimura, bicep slicer, far side armbar, near side armbar... the list is immense.

That triangle in that video is kind of a joke. If you can catch a guy sleeping he's dead. But once you go to your knees any half way decent grappler is reversing it easily. One quick bridge and either the guy on top is rolled to the bottom or he is launched out the gym.

Some other awsome side control moves are

Get control of the head, then

#1) armbar over your knee. If you can't get it then

#2) bicycle armbreaker or

#3) V-lock his hand into the crook of your knee

The armbar and V-lock are easiest to get.

That triangle in that video is kind of a joke. If you can catch a guy sleeping he's dead. But once you go to your knees any half way decent grappler is reversing it easily. One quick bridge and either the guy on top is rolled to the bottom or he is launched out the gym.

The triangle isn't a joke at all, it just isn't performed well by the guy in the video. Once that arm is trapped the match pretty much ends if you are a "half way decent grappler."

Kimura but Im focusing on north south choke now.

I'm not saying that the triangle is a joke. It's great.
What I'm saying is once the guy goes to his knees in the video, right before he traps the arm, he is getting reversed. Any sub-par wrestler would reverse him on instinct of the pressure change.
Watch that video again and see the flaw of the transition. i wouldn't advise using it from there.
Not a very efficient move from side control.

I'm not saying that the triangle is a joke. It's great.
What I'm saying is once the guy goes to his knees in the video, right before he traps the arm, he is getting reversed. Any sub-par wrestler would reverse him on instinct of the pressure change.
Watch that video again and see the flaw of the transition. i wouldn't advise using it from there.
Not a very efficient move from side control.

the triangle can be very effective from side control, but i don't like the one in that video

I like to step over(triangle) the head from judo side control and attack the farside arm either inverted arm lock or the straight armlock. Recently I started to play with the close side lapel, passing it across the neck to the hand which is under the head to set up bow and arrows or just lapel chokes from that position, it's a pretty slick move because they're not really suspecting a gi choke from that position.

Back