• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies What Is Your Favorite Clint Eastwood Western?

Favorite Clint Eastwood Western

• Total voters
Unforgiven is the best film of the bunch

But Josie Whales is my favorite, Hang Em High rounds out my top 3

TvBQ.gif

The good, the bad & the ugly. You've got Eastwood directed by Leone, flanked by Van Cleef and Wallach. Score by Morricone. Doesn't get better than that.

1. GBU
2. Few dollars
3. Unforgiven
4. Josey Wales
5. Fistful
6. High Plains
7. Pale Rider
8. 2 Mules
9. Hang em high
10. Joe kidd
11. Paint your wagon

Picked Unforgiven but it's a deconstruction of the genre so it kinda doesn't fit.

I'll go The Good, The Bad & The Ugly but Josey Wales is up there.

I can't pick one, if I did, i'd just think of one of the others and think it was better. It would be either Pale Rider, Outlaw Josey Wales, Unforgiven or high plains drifter. I was never too crazy about the italian ones for what it's worth, just never got the fuss over those, i should probably give them another chance.

Unforgiven

I like how it’s a depiction of over the hill gunslingers and the whole outlaw era basically being over and now you have a bunch of great gunslingers of the past being almost myths(William Munny) or going around commercially selling their tales like English Bob.

Roger Ebert’s review of the film kind of open up that perspective of it and I like it. No other movies of its kind and it was the perfect finale for a western legend like Clint.

I actually see parallels of that with how you see Italian and Irish mobsters going on show to show telling their tales. Guys that are supposed to be in witness protection because they have decade long contracts on their head showing up on high profile sets clearly not fearing for their life. Former hitmen going on mainstream platforms talking about murdering dozens of people as if it was just the times. It tells you the mob days as we know it from the movies are well over. Scorsese should probably make a Mob movie equivalent to Unforgiven
Scorsese did, it was The Irishman aka I Heard You Paint Houses (much better title imo). Never has mob life looked so unfulfilling and empty. All about aging and death.

Dollars Trilogy . . . But also, i cant choose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wat
Back