What is your favorite baseball movie from this list? 1.0

Tough list, but I had to go w/ The Natural.

Never seen Cobb, will have to watch it.

The baseball category is going to need to be tiered, because there are too many top baseball movies to be contained in 1 poll. Ultimately there will be a showdown to determine Mayberry's favorite baseball movie to be contained in the final poll and face off against the other sports films.

I've got a plan to figure out what Mayberry's favorite sports film of all time by doing a series of polls broken down by sport that will culminate in the final poll having the winner in each sports category face off for the favorite sports film of all time title.

The Top 10 poll will be the following sports.
1-Boxing- Rocky
2-Baseball
3-Non Boxing Combat Sports
4-American Football
5-TBD
6-Motor sports
7-Golf
8-Basketball
9-Soccer
10-Misc Sport

Good idea ts.

1. Rocky
2. FoD
3. Karate Kid (Or.)
4. Longest Yard (Or.)
5. ?
6. Cannonball Run
7. Caddyshack
8. Hoosiers
9. Victory
10. ?

Cobb is a great movie but not on the list

I went with the natural because I like the idea of a middle aged guy getting a second chance to play the sport he love.

Field of Dreams with Cobb and A League Of Their Own close behind. Even if they had Liotta batting right handed.

Here's my top whatever of every sport off the top of my head with the list provided. The Top 10 poll will be the following sports.
1- Rocky
2- Field of Dreams
3- Bloodsport
4- Any Given Sunday
5- Goon (obviously Hockey goes here derp)
6- Days of Thunder
7- Legend of Bagger Vance
8- Basketball Diaries (close 2nd would be Coach Carter)
9- The Damned United
10- Dodgeball?

I really liked Moneyball, but I got them feels for the Sandlot.

Here's my top whatever of every sport off the top of my head with the list provided. The Top 10 poll will be the following sports.
1- Rocky
2- Field of Dreams
3- Bloodsport
4- Any Given Sunday
6- Days of Thunder
9- The Damned United
10- Dodgeball?

goon was actually pretty good. obviously it can't touch miracle, mystery, alaska, youngblood or slapshot...but still a really decent movie.

Can't go wrong with Bull Durham (my eventual pick), A League of their Own, or The Sandlot here. On any given day, I could pick any of these to top the list.

Caddyshack and Hoopdreams should both be landslide wins in their sport categories. Though Hoosiers could keep the basketball showdown from being a total blowout. Miracle vs Slapshot could be interesting in the hockey category.

Last edited:
jOJo00z0sQKcl.JPG

1- Rocky
2- Field of Dreams
3- Bloodsport
4- Any Given Sunday
6- Days of Thunder
9- The Damned United
10- Dodgeball?

Shit list, no Hoosiers.

Good list. I chose The Natural

Honorable mention for Bang the Drum Slowly

Sandlot. Child hood classic and one of the childhood movies that holds up the best.

have to go with Major League. The Sandlot comes close but Major League has the more memorable lines and characters.

Shouts out to Bad News Bears as well...mostly for Tanner.

Back