What is your favorite baseball movie from this list? 1.0

No Mr.Baseball? I just can't take this list seriously.

But really, Moneyball for me, nobody plays baseball over here so it was good to see it from a different angle than about the game itself.

got any pictures of your wife naked?

Out of your list.
1. 8 men out. The cast does a fantastic job. Cusack fucking crushes it. Baseball scenes looked legit.
2. The Natural. Wonderboy. Great Story. Redford crushed it and looked legit doing baseball things.
3. Field of Dreams. Ray Liotta and DArth Vader. Costner doing Costner things.
4. Bull Durham. I want to give him the heat and announce my presence with authority! Another great cast. Costner doing Costner things. What drops this movie down the list is Robbins looked like shit pitching. Totally unbelievable.

I like the first 2. Tied for first, IMO. I didn't care too much for Durham and Field. Not a Costner fan.
But sand lot and major league for comedy.

I know there are better movies on the list, but I'm going with Major League.

The Top 10 poll will be the following sports.
1-Boxing - Rocky
2-Baseball - Field of Dreams
3-Non Boxing Combat Sports - Warrior
4-American Football - Remember the Titans
5-TBD
6-Motor sports - Days of Thunder
7-Golf - Happy Gilmore
8-Basketball - Above the Rim/Celtic Pride
9-Soccer - Zidane
10-Misc Sport

Have you seen Bill Simmonds' list?
Imo, Moneyball is good, but gotta go with Cosner on this one.
Field of Dreams > Bill Durham
(Tim Robbins annoyed me in that movie, and I normally like him)

I picked the sandlot because I am a red blooded American. Also Wendy Peffercorn.

BTW Little Big League > Rookie of the Year

How come 5. is TBD? Aren't you forgetting Ice Hockey? Derp...

I'm going with Cobb. Tommy Lee Jones was awesome in that movie, if nothing else it's worth it for this scene
Louis Prima: With all the great players playing ball right now, how well do you think you would do against today's pitchers?
Ty Cobb: Well, I figure against today's pitchers I'd only probably hit about .290
Louis Prima: .290? Well that's amazing, because you batted over .400 a... a whole bunch of times. Now tell us all, we'd all like to know, why do you think you'd only hit .290?
Ty Cobb: Well, I'm 72 fucking years old you ignorant son of a bitch.

LMFAO! I'm the only guy who breathes through his eyelids.

Angels in the outfield.

but for real the sandlot due to nostalgia

I'm going with Cobb. Tommy Lee Jones was awesome in that movie, if nothing else it's worth it for this scene
Louis Prima: With all the great players playing ball right now, how well do you think you would do against today's pitchers?
Ty Cobb: Well, I figure against today's pitchers I'd only probably hit about .290
Louis Prima: .290? Well that's amazing, because you batted over .400 a... a whole bunch of times. Now tell us all, we'd all like to know, why do you think you'd only hit .290?
Ty Cobb: Well, I'm 72 fucking years old you ignorant son of a bitch.

"Can you say anything positive about Babe Ruth?"

"..........He could run okay for a fat man"

Major league for me....a guilty pleasure one would be simmer catch

I went with Field of Dreams for "If you build it they will come" and Ray Liotta is a boss as Shoeless Joe.

Sandlot is 2nd cause of Marley Shelton as the hot ass lifeguard and the dog scene.

Funny how both have Darth Vader in them.

Sandlot.

The Rookie is another great baseball movie not on the list.

The Bad News Bear's remake from a few years back was awesome.

Also, no Hardball? GBaby was the shit!

Is Baseketball considered a baseball movie? Cause if it is I change my vote.

Back