What is your absolute honest opinion of MMA CM Punk?

He'll retire with 3 fights maximum, probably with a 1-2 record.

He will sell a few PPV's and then be done. Cool guy and all, but starting way too late to have an impact.

I think the hype is retarded. He'll probably be able to beat a few low level guys. I don't think there's that many great MMA fighters. After you get past the top 20 in most every division there's plenty of guys who just aren't that good

I'm down for him to be on a PPV though, it's going to be exciting. Like Kimbo vs Mitrione, i love that fight

UFC should approach it like they did Kimbo. Throw him a very winnable fight, then let's see him get his ass whooped/

He has a lot of haters, and that is understandable, but I say give him a chance.
He's been training with top level guys for some time now. He recently started training with Pettis, Woodly, Askren, and everybody at that camp, but I've also seen pictures of him from months ago training with Roy Nelson and guys at Syndicate MMA.

On top of that, he's also trained Jiu Jitsu with Machida, Rousey, and all the other guys at the Gracie Academy at Torrence.

Do I think he's gonna get past top 10 guys and contend for the title? Fuck now. But there is money to be made off of the Punk.

I'm gonna watch him fight. Chances are you'll probably watch him fight too. Maybe you want to see him get his ass kicked like the sadistic fuck you are, or maybe you're just curios. idk

I'm not sure if he'll even fight. He could get his ass kicked badly at Roufus' and back out of his contract. If he does fight, they'll need to bring in an amateur to make it competitive. But even then, I started training in 2000 and have seen very good guys who've just sparred for years as a hobby, or maybe made some money as crafty sparring partners.

He's a sideshow, but I'll watch him regardless out of curiosity. There's always an off chance he can fight, and if he doesn't it'll be an ass kicking. Either way works.

I'm doubtful any commission will allow him to fight given his complete lack of experience and substantive training. This all could be a moot point.

I've seen him train. He is good. If I had a crystal ball I would say he breaks top five within 2 years.

Do you mean at Roufusport? I've seen the Gracie Breakdown of Bisping vs. Rockhold that he helped with, and when they were showing an example of how Rockhold threw the kick, (Phil was in Rockhold's role) the kick didn't look very good, although that's not exactly much of a look into his abilities. All I'd like to see is at least a video of him hitting pads to determine his stand-up, personally.

I think he'll win his first fight because the UFC will pair him up against someone he can beat. I think the PPV numbers will be OK, but not close to Brock Lesnar numbers.

Anik was basically the MC. Kept things running smoothly, watches time, etc.

The drunks were fucking up the flow of the Q&A, and pissed off Anik.

Theres been plenty of Q&A sessions in Vegas before, surely those people weren't holding their alcohol all this time. Even so, I say it had something to do with Punk, hence why I included it.

I don't think it's possible for him to learn much that's going to help him in the time he has.

He might be good in 3 or 4 years but 1 year?

For me, i think he'll drive himself to do well and honestly think he will get a few wins 😃

at 36 years old and no experience they are going to have to draft some serious bums in the UFC to fight him. I wouldn't be surprised because they are known to do that for prospects and then cut them after the record has been padded. I just don't see many if any winnable fights for him. Someone new will get signed I bet.

whole thing stinks, announcing him as 'CM Punk' at his own presser and walking out to his wwe tune is so lame.

Just reminds us how hard UFC finds it to build their own stars.

i like the guy and hope he does well, and drop's a few pipebombs leading up to his fight.

For me, i think he'll drive himself to do well and honestly think he will get a few wins 😃

He will put all his focus into it . Well what he has left after putting some in his wife . Then time will tell how he does in the octagon.

Im fine with it. the way I see it give him a fight see how he does and go from there,even my buddy said UFC should not give him any fights, he is going to lose bad... I said yeah but you going to watch, yeah.. LOL So if the people that are mad he is in the UFC you know they will at least watch so, I think it will be interesting to see how he does

Honestly, the first time I heard of the dude was when the UFC announced that they signed him. I admit, I don't know where the hate comes from. Maybe he wasn't a fan favorite back with the WWE or whatever. That being said, I could legitimately care less if the guy wins or loses. He's just another one of those guys who's name I'm not like to recognize on a card.

I like CM Punk. The hypes been crazy here in Toronto again. GSP is God in Canada but things have been nowhere NEAR the same since Lesnar left. I remember every Brock fight you had to be in a bar b4 8pm to get seats, and that's outside of Toronto lol (Brampton/Mississauga)

I love the UFC and I'm happy that CM Punk is bringing the hype back or atleast helping to bring it back. UFC has had a bad last two years IMO for a "Rising sport".

I hope Punk does well and I think he will. He will shut everyone up the way Brock shut everyone up. WWE superstars are very very strong athletes all together, he should be fine in the octagon. Obviously if he's paired up with an equally experienced guy.

whole thing stinks, announcing him as 'CM Punk' at his own presser and walking out to his wwe tune is so lame.

Just reminds us how hard UFC finds it to build their own stars.

Also known as "Cult Of Personality" by Living Colour. AKA not a WWE tune.

Also known as "Cult Of Personality" by Living Colour. AKA not a WWE tune.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, I dont watch wwe but that was his song he used right?

So they have already began marketing him with his wwe pseudonym and music associated with that character.

Atleast Brock could be marketed on his physical gifts and wrestling merit.

Giving CM Punk a fight without proving he can is so lame, but I really dont care and I have to admit I will watch it, and I havnt watched any prelim fights for ages and barely watch a full main card.

Back