What is your absolute honest opinion of MMA CM Punk?

Forgive me if I'm wrong, I dont watch wwe but that was his song he used right?

So they have already began marketing him with his wwe pseudonym and music associated with that character.

Atleast Brock could be marketed on his physical gifts and wrestling merit.

Giving CM Punk a fight without proving he can is so lame, but I really dont care and I have to admit I will watch it, and I havnt watched any prelim fights for ages and barely watch a full main card.

Yeah, the WWE payed to use the song for his walkout. That doesn't make it their song.

That is like saying "Kick In The Door" belongs to the UFC because Frankie Edgar uses it as his walkout.

I'm doubtful any commission will allow him to fight given his complete lack of experience and substantive training. This all could be a moot point.

this is the right answer. brooks fight won't take place.

Yeah, the WWE payed to use the song for his walkout. That doesn't make it their song.

That is like saying "Kick In The Door" belongs to the UFC because Frankie Edgar uses it as his walkout.

I'm saying it belongs to the character. The character that the WWE developed and promoted and is associated with.

I'm saying it belongs to the character. The character that the WWE developed and promoted and is associated with.

Except it doesn't. It belongs to Living Colour, who wrote/performed/promoted it for about 2 decades before CM Punk ever started using it. :icon_neut

I really think he's going to increase the ppl butyrate for one event by a lot. He'll be matched with some inexperienced young guy (pro record wise) that's been training for several years. And he will get finished within one round

Nothing against the guy, good on him for chasing the dream.

That being said, the UFC signed an amateur who has had multiple concussions in the past, over his mid-thirties, and has a white belt in BJJ. Didn't even train it aside from a hobbyist perspective. Unless the UFC signs a can, he will probably lose to everyone in his division.

Pretty much

It's pretty obvious that he's gonna get roflstomped. That said, I'm intrigued. If he sticks around, he'll be great as an analyst.

I think he will make the UFC some money but will lose even gimme fights.

But I also think that I don't know enough about him as an athlete to accurately imagine his future in MMA.

I have no opinion and I won't be watching his fight(s).

Only people that should have an opinion on him are WWE fans or UFC employees. The 1st group because DUH, and the second because they want to make money. I won't be getting a cut of that money nor will I get a good fight(product) to watch. So I will just not give a fuck about this situation.

Except it doesn't. It belongs to Living Colour, who wrote/performed/promoted it for about 2 decades before CM Punk ever started using it. :icon_neut

I think he means associated with rather than belongs too, but his point is clear; the UFC is just trying to transfer the WWE persona directly over

I think he means associated with rather than belongs too, but his point is clear; the UFC is just trying to transfer the WWE persona directly over

Still reads as a non-point to me. Walkout music is walkout music, the guy likes Living Colour...and the song legitimately has as much to do with the WWE as "Kick In The Door" by Notorious BIG has to do with the UFC.

I'll grant the persona-preservation aspect, so far as billing him as CM Punk rather than Phil Brooks or w/e the shit his name is, but the music he walks out on stage to is rather irrelevant, imo.

I have no opinion. He hasnt fought yet.

Still reads as a non-point to me. Walkout music is walkout music, the guy likes Living Colour...and the song legitimately has as much to do with the WWE as "Kick In The Door" by Notorious BIG has to do with the UFC.

I'll grant the persona-preservation aspect, so far as billing him as CM Punk rather than Phil Brooks or w/e the shit his name is, but the music he walks out on stage to is rather irrelevant, imo.

it's not much different than "Rampage".

Self created characters.

Pettis & Askren will get him up to par. He will face scrubs and will win & lose some.

0, I have never heard of him until now and I still didnt bother to read up about him.

Pettis & Askren will get him up to par. He will face scrubs and will win & lose some.

I thought you were saying Punk is was going to win by face scrub, when I first read that.

Back