What is up with the UFC being stingy signing Eastern European talent?

Gotta make room for the 5-4 Chinese fighters!
I mean if there is a fixated number of Russians that UFC wants on their roster they can already sign a few.
Guys like Raisov are unsigned because some Chinese dude from the PI needs his debut
Raisov is unsigned because he spend years in ACA and he was 1-1 in his last 2 fights in ACA. Btw, guy who beat him, Reznikov is 3-0 in ACA and said that he is willing to fight for 10 000 $ if UFC offers.

I mean if there is a fixated number of Russians that UFC wants on their roster they can already sign a few.

Raisov is unsigned because he spend years in ACA and he was 1-1 in his last 2 fights in ACA. Btw, guy who beat him, Reznikov is 3-0 in ACA and said that he is willing to fight for 10 000 $ if UFC offers.
I wonder why the UFC wouldnt sign Reznikov. He is super legit, still young, and in of the best divisions in the UFC.

I wonder why the UFC wouldnt sign Reznikov. He is super legit, still young, and in of the best divisions in the UFC.
He is still with ACA. Like, 1 fight left on his contract and I am pretty sure I've seen somewhere he wrote or said that he is ready to fight for free if fight happens soon so he can became a free agent.

He is still with ACA. Like, 1 fight left on his contract and I am pretty sure I've seen somewhere he wrote or said that he is ready to fight for free if fight happens soon so he can became a free agent.
If the UFC isnt interested then a fight against AAA would be pretty great.

Like I get that they don't want to have too many Eastern European in the UFC since their main audience is America and Easterners don't sell, but why don't they just release the bad ones they do have?

They were quick to sign someone like Khadis Ibragimov or keep guys like Roman Kopylov on the roster but pass on guys like Rustam Kerimov, Mukhamad Vakhaev, Albert Tumenov, Mateusz Rębecki. Even Mateusz Gamrot vacated his belts in 2019 and was a free agent, but eventually signed a two fight deal before UFC finally budged.

Not even Brazilians have this much trouble getting signed and I would say they usually aren't draws as well.
Eastern Europeans can't pass drug tests

Pfl sucked when it was filled with Eastern European wrestlers. This is the first season they mixed it up

India is HORRIBLE in sports
Yeah... I dunno what it is. I wonder if space is an issue. They got nearly the same population as China while India is 3 times smaller than China. No place to play football - lol

Yeah... I dunno what it is. I wonder if space is an issue. They got nearly the same population as China while India is 3 times smaller than China. No place to play football - lol
They’re only good at cricket

While India was under UK rule they suppressed all combat sports. India was once a land of martial arts the place that brought martial arts to China.

Now you can see many great dance crews from India known for their crazy daring stunts. Many wrestlers...

India still has a brainwashed attitude about combat sports. Their mindset needs to change.

Because their target demographic is in North America not Eastern Europe.

I think when it comes to prospects from that region, having a manager that has the hookup and for a lot of the Caucas fighters Visa issues could also be at play. A lot of low quality fighters stick around on the UFC roster because they are friends and have the hookup with stars. Examples would be some of the shittier Nova Uniao guys who were in the UFC simply because Aldo demanded it.

Because they drink all the vodka then give boring soviet style interviews and have no fans.

Now go back to your moms basement in whatever slav heaven in brooklyn youre living in and cry over your peroshki

Like I get that they don't want to have too many Eastern European in the UFC since their main audience is America and Easterners don't sell, but why don't they just release the bad ones they do have?

They were quick to sign someone like Khadis Ibragimov or keep guys like Roman Kopylov on the roster but pass on guys like Rustam Kerimov, Mukhamad Vakhaev, Albert Tumenov, Mateusz Rębecki. Even Mateusz Gamrot vacated his belts in 2019 and was a free agent, but eventually signed a two fight deal before UFC finally budged.

Not even Brazilians have this much trouble getting signed and I would say they usually aren't draws as well.

Most of them such as Mukhamed Vakhaev first of all makes over 50 000$ per fight. Some titlefights in ACA back in 2017-2018 made 100,000$

Strange. Most posters are eager to post in the UFC forum. This thread is UFC-eligible, but it's over here instead.

I doubt they'd risk him fighting AAA on the last fight of his contract.
I dunno if you've seen it, I posted it here somewhere, so from what I remember -- they offered him AAA fight in May, fight was planned for November. Reznikov said no, because he wanted to fight much earlier + if he wins fight against AAA his contract will be extended for something like 3 or 4 fights. If I am not wrong his current contract is 5 000/5 000 $ per fight they offered him a new contract, something like 8 000/8 000 $ per fight and he turned it down. I think Reznikov said that AAA gets 50 000 $ (I think it's just a show up money) and that ACA said that he is a nobody and doesn't deserve even 10 000/10 000 $ per fight but if he becomes champion they will give him a 10 000 $ extra money for every title defense (unofficially?).
Last news -- Reznikov says that he offered to fight some kinda big name from WW division, so he can finish his contract with ACA.

I dunno if you've seen it, I posted it here somewhere, so from what I remember -- they offered him AAA fight in May, fight was planned for November. Reznikov said no, because he wanted to fight much earlier + if he wins fight against AAA his contract will be extended for something like 3 or 4 fights. If I am not wrong his current contract is 5 000/5 000 $ per fight they offered him a new contract, something like 8 000/8 000 $ per fight and he turned it down. I think Reznikov said that AAA gets 50 000 $ (I think it's just a show up money) and that ACA said that he is a nobody and doesn't deserve even 10 000/10 000 $ per fight but if he becomes champion they will give him a 10 000 $ extra money for every title defense (unofficially?).
Last news -- Reznikov says that he offered to fight some kinda big name from WW division, so he can finish his contract with ACA.

Fair from him I think, that's a pretty insulting offer considering he beat Raisov.

Also about Eastern European/Central Asian fighters and them signing with UFC.
M. Mokaev said before his last fight that he plans to win it and sign with UFC before the end of the Summer. After the fight he said that Brave will give him a fight at their event at some -stan and he hopes to win it and go to UFC before the end of the Summer.
I've seen in interview with Tajikistani fighter Nurullo Aliev that he has an offer to fight at DWTNCS. I haven't watched the whole interview, but when he was asked about his plans for this year he said that he plans to fight at AMC Fight Nights event and sign with UFC (so I assume he wants to fight at AMC event and after that go straight to UFC, instead of fighting at DWTNCS).

Strange. Most posters are eager to post in the UFC forum. This thread is UFC-eligible, but it's over here instead.
Most posters in the UFC forum are jackasses or shills, is impossible to have a conversation with those guys. Quality over quantity, i guess.

It's too difficult for the commentators and other talking heads to pronounce east european names.

They could always adopt a nom de guerre like the old time boxers Guglielmo Papaleo, Rocco Marchegiano and the like, that might help.

Back