What is up with the UFC being stingy signing Eastern European talent?

Because they drink all the vodka then give boring soviet style interviews and have no fans.

Now go back to your moms basement in whatever slav heaven in brooklyn youre living in and cry over your peroshki

Rude much and so unnecessarily aggressive, was it the Chinese PI fighter comment that upset you?

Plus I live in the real Slav heaven, a kvass factory

never tried that stuff but sounds good. low alcohol content can drink all day at work !

and calm down there ivan ok, im eastern slav myself. there's no ufcs biased against us. look at jiri ok. i dont know those guys you say but problem is east euro market is smaller, get less attention and likely less competetive. there is a lot of talent however and it is popular very so much. i remember driving in eastern european villages and even village of small like 20kg have ufc gym ok. so picking up.

but nobody go to eastern euro ok they go italy, france, london etc. this is how it is ok. if you have problem take your 25 rubbles from kvass job and invest in tourism tv big hollywood stuff and get eyeballs in your pockets for all times.

Rude much and so unnecessarily aggressive, was it the Chinese PI fighter comment that upset you?

Plus I live in the real Slav heaven, a kvass factory

It’s a fucking crime that the UFC didn’t try and sign Minakov

People keep forgetting that the UFC is a defendant in a giant class action lawsuit right now, and being accused of being a monopoly. Passing on (some) top regional talent and letting it go to competitors is necessary to say “see, we’re not a monopoly. If we were, we’d have this guy, but instead this guy went to the competitor!”

Like I get that they don't want to have too many Eastern European in the UFC since their main audience is America and Easterners don't sell, but why don't they just release the bad ones they do have?

They were quick to sign someone like Khadis Ibragimov or keep guys like Roman Kopylov on the roster but pass on guys like Rustam Kerimov, Mukhamad Vakhaev, Albert Tumenov, Mateusz Rębecki. Even Mateusz Gamrot vacated his belts in 2019 and was a free agent, but eventually signed a two fight deal before UFC finally budged.

Not even Brazilians have this much trouble getting signed and I would say they usually aren't draws as well.

They literally just released Omari Akhmedov, a fighter even Omari Akhmedov doesn't care about, and got shit for it. UFC fans need to shy away from that, because roster spaces are limited for the Alphabet Soup crew.

The UFC, just like ONE, just like Bellator, are rightly concerned about being backed into a corner where Elite Russian With Unpronouncable Name is defending a title against Elite Georgian With Unpronouncable Name, with Elite Polish With Unpronouncable Name waiting in the wings to fight the winner.

It just isn't going to be viable for PPV's regardless of how good they are, unless they've all had the rub from a Conor McGregor-type character and now everybody actually knows their unpronounceable name like Nurmagomedov.

They literally just released Omari Akhmedov, a fighter even Omari Akhmedov doesn't care about, and got shit for it. UFC fans need to shy away from that, because roster spaces are limited for the Alphabet Soup crew.

The UFC, just like ONE, just like Bellator, are rightly concerned about being backed into a corner where Elite Russian With Unpronouncable Name is defending a title against Elite Georgian With Unpronouncable Name, with Elite Polish With Unpronouncable Name waiting in the wings to fight the winner.

It just isn't going to be viable for PPV's regardless of how good they are, unless they've all had the rub from a Conor McGregor-type character and now everybody actually knows their unpronounceable name like Nurmagomedov.
I agree about having the alphabet crew controlling all the titles, but wish they were more selective.

For example, Jotko is a fucking bore and he is still somehow getting resigned over and over again

I agree about having the alphabet crew controlling all the titles, but wish they were more selective.

For example, Jotko is a fucking bore and he is still somehow getting resigned over and over again

Point still stands that if you signed the absolute best fighters from Eastern Europe and Russia, you'd have too many contenders.

I know MMA fans want all the best fighters to compete in all the best promotions, but the promotions haven't found a reliable way to make money from the region. When they do, expect an influx.

Point still stands that if you signed the absolute best fighters from Eastern Europe and Russia, you'd have too many contenders.

I know MMA fans want all the best fighters to compete in all the best promotions, but the promotions haven't found a reliable way to make money from the region. When they do, expect an influx.
Have them all wrestle Conor, that seems to work

Back