• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What is the situation on cold approaching?

We were aware of eachother for a long time, since our families live in the same village, but my parents moved away in the early 90's. Me, my mom and my sister used to go to visit my grandpa every summer and that's when we hung out.
Awesome story you can tell your kids. It is honestly somewhat movie like. Nowadays people are just like I met my wife on Tinder etc etc.

I don’t think women are in to meeting strangers anymore. Rather, they feel more comfortable dating within their own social network. I think some men realize this and think it is pointless when most women have plenty of men within her clique to pick from.

To be fair, women do pre select men. Guys would have a lot more success if they were better at reading a woman's interest. Of course sometimes she might have even seen you or you could win her over with charm, but women make it known they are into you and you just need to play into that.

Its true, but for the cold approach waiting for indications of interest is useless for men unless you are famous or super hot. (and Im talking women you will probably never see again, not a girl you see daily in the gym)

Thing is lots of people end up in relationships with people they didnt find attractive at first and thats even true for women. A women maybe neutral to you based on looks and it maybe something like your voice or smell or a joke, etc. etc, that would put you in the maybe if he ask me out, its why cold approach sometimes worked even for people that didn't look like models.

I think you should go and pre-plan more ways how to talk to women based on tropes you learn online. They love being treated like unimportant npc collectibles by strangers.

This is your interpretation while for others, it's low pressure and being low key and relaxed.

It's perspective of individuals.

Its true, but for the cold approach waiting for indications of interest is useless for men unless you are famous or super hot. (and Im talking women you will probably never see again, not a girl you see daily in the gym)

Thing is lots of people end up in relationships with people they didnt find attractive at first and thats even true for women. A women maybe neutral to you based on looks and it maybe something like your voice or smell or a joke, etc. etc, that would put you in the maybe if he ask me out, its why cold approach sometimes worked even for people that didn't look like models.

The only cue you could use is eye contact. If you see a girl and see what kind of eye contact she makes with you, then that can be an invitation to approach. But of sometimes she may not have even seen you so you have to cold approach to let your existence be known. I haven't cold approached anyone in years though because of other strategies that are available.

I think the social atmosphere ruined it. Too much #metoo over every little thing. Too much women ranting online about how they're goddesses and men are all creeps who are annoying them. Women online posting videos of themselves yelling at guys who try to talk to them, etc. It isn't really surprising.

Even that Gillette (Man Bad) commercial showed some dude going to cold approach a woman and his friend stopping him and scolding him... implying talking to chicks you don't know with the intent of romantic interest is inherently bad.

Jesus... women are always blowing smoke up each other's asses, even if they talk shit behind one another's backs.

If guys aren't talking to you, you could not be attractive enough, you can be giving off a bitchy vibe, or you can just not be putting yourself in enough social situations. Telling a woman "you're just beautiful and men can't handle it!" isn't gonna help your friend, it's just gonna make her head big, meanwhile she's still
without a man.
If Gal Gadot and Margot Robbie can still get men, you're not too hot for one!

Edit: The 2010s was a decade ago... she could just no longer be garnering attention and they're going for younger chicks now.
I love this attitude these days from some women that men can't handle them being a strong, independent, career oriented woman. That this somehow intimidates them so they back away.

When at the end of the day men aren't intimidated by them at all... It's just that they're an insufferable, annoying and shitty person. Men just don't like you as a person.

But don't accept that... Just chalk that up as men not being able to handle your boss bitch way of life. It's not your fault, it's his fault lol.

Awesome story you can tell your kids. It is honestly somewhat movie like. Nowadays people are just like I met my wife on Tinder etc etc.

Sounds much better than "Your parents got married because your dad busted a nut inside your mom."

Last edited:
The only cue you could use is eye contact. If you see a girl and see what kind of eye contact she makes with you, then that can be an invitation to approach. But of sometimes she may not have even seen you so you have to cold approach to let your existence be known. I haven't cold approached anyone in years though because of other strategies that are available.

Didn't they used to drop a handkerchief?

Dating merging with real life?

"Now that's what I call a...

...singularity"
csi-csi-miami.gif

More than likely your friends problem is that she's a decade older. Men still approach women all the time, but it does seem like it's a tad more respectful at least when alcohol isn't involved. Also, all these old farts ITT saying that women don't like being talked to and will call you a creep for the tiniest thing have clearly lost a step or two. Personally I don't do the cold approach unless I get a signal or it's casual. Unless you find someone extraordinary and really want to shoot your shot, why bother people on the street or in grocery stores. Go to a bar or other places were people are open to mingling.

You start with a magic trick followed by negging
the_artful_seducer.jpg

I love this attitude these days from some women that men can't handle them being a strong, independent, career oriented woman. That this somehow intimidates them so they back away.

When at the end of the day men aren't intimidated by them at all... It's just that they're an insufferable, annoying and shitty person. Men just don't like you as a person.

But don't accept that... Just chalk that up as men not being able to handle your boss bitch way of life. It's not your fault, it's his fault lol.
It's actually those women who reject men for being too low value for them, and the guys they want to be with aren't going to want to be with them.

It's like I've been saying, if a guy is highly accomplished, working on my goals, passionate about my life, happy with myself, and secure in where I am in life, spiritually and emotionally actualized, why the fuck would he want to be with you?

Didn't they used to drop a handkerchief?
That would make it easier.

People cold approach all the time

you’re friend is 40 ain’t nobody got time to waste cold approaching someone who looks like they should be taken

I used to “cold approach” in Starbucks or a similar cafe. I would sit at the bar seating area and read a book or do some studying. If a girl decides to sit next to me, I could strike up a conversation like “How are you?”, “Excuse me, do you know any good restaurants around here?”, “What are you studying/reading?” … depending on their response, I could continue the conversation.

If their response was cool and they don’t make eye contact etc, then I would wish them well with their studies and wrap up the conversation, no big deal.

If her response was warm and they were asking me questions etc, then I would let the conversation flow naturally, suggest meeting again and exchange phone numbers before leaving.

During COVID, everyone where I am (Japan) was wearing a mask and social distancing for almost 3 f**king years (not joking). I met my girlfriend now, online …

More than likely your friends problem is that she's a decade older. Men still approach women all the time, but it does seem like it's a tad more respectful at least when alcohol isn't involved. Also, all these old farts ITT saying that women don't like being talked to and will call you a creep for the tiniest thing have clearly lost a step or two. Personally I don't do the cold approach unless I get a signal or it's casual. Unless you find someone extraordinary and really want to shoot your shot, why bother people on the street or in grocery stores. Go to a bar or other places were people are open to mingling.

the_artful_seducer.jpg

Lol, that Mystery guy is next-level cringe. Like if Cris Angle and Andrew Tate had a love child, or something. I wonder any film actually exists of him using his skills to pick up Boise dimes, that's not completely staged.

Lol, that Mystery guy is next-level cringe. Like if Cris Angle and Andrew Tate had a love child, or something. I wonder any film actually exists of him using his skills to pick up Boise dimes, that's not completely staged.
Full disclosure, I used to watch The Pickup Artists on VH1 in my teens and legitimately thought they had it figured out. The amount of negging and rehearsed lines me and my friend tried and mostly fumbled at was no joke.. Ouch.

Back