What is the point of Dustin fighting anymore now that he was dominated by Khabib?

That question is exactly why guys went on downslides after losing to GSP and Anderson.

The good ole fighter A sucks because he lost to fighter B, post on Sherdog. There should really only be champs in the UFC. Everybody else are fucking bums!

Dustin isn't very good.

Kindly define what, in your opinion, constitutes “very good”. Please outline your criteria. Enlighten us.

Wins over Holloway, Alvarez, Gaethje, Pettis and Miller, in sequence... 10 post-fight bonuses. 2018 & 2012 Fights of the Year. Interim champion in the most competitive division in contemporary MMA... Record of 25-5 before rightfully earning a title fight against the most dominant competitor in the sport. Lost to Khabib, just like 27 others before him, but is STILL ranked #2 in the toughest division in the sport...

Yet he “Isn’t very good.”

Ok bud. Not only is he “very good”... he’s one of the top 3 in his division on planet earth. That’s Elite.

You’re a fucking hose.

Last edited:
Kindly define what, in your opinion, constitutes “very good”. Please outline your criteria. Enlighten us.

Wins over Holloway, Alvarez, Gaethje, Pettis and Miller, in sequence... 10 post-fight bonuses. 2018 & 2012 Fights of the Year. Interim champion in the most competitive division in contemporary MMA... Record of 25-5 before rightfully earning a title fight against the most dominant competitor in the sport. Lost to Khabib, just like 27 others before him, but is STILL ranked #2 in the toughest division in the sport...

Yet he “Isn’t very good.”

Ok bud. Not only is he “very good”... he’s one of the top 3 in his division on planet earth. That’s Elite.

You’re a fucking hose.

Nothing impresses me about Dustin. Conor does. Khabib is okay. Whittaker doesn't either. Weidman does, so does Rockhold. Or Romero. I look at the skill sets and to a degree what they were able to do. Dustin did accomplish a lot, but nothing about him stands out. He's not an elite fighter. Seen better. That's all really. Don't get offended, you dork.

Dustin isn't very good. Just one of many guys who happen to get the strap. But he can fight as much as he wants, for whatever reason he wants to. Not everyone has got what it takes to be a champion, and Dustin became an interim champion, and that's better than most. I just don't think Dustin is very good. Nothing to write home about.

"Isnt very good." So.... you could take him? Perhaps he should just teach children's karate in a strip mall.

He was dominated and couldn't do anything to Khabib. What's the point? What's the goal? He won't become champion unless someone were to beat Khabib. And it would take at least 2 years for him to get another title shot. So what's the point? Is he just chasing money fights now by teasing a move up to 170 and calling out Conor?

He has done so much, but at the same time has done nothing. Every time he got close to a title shot it would never be enough.
I'm sure you aren't the best in the world in your job, and never will be.

So what's the point? Just retire already

you're right, let's just cut 99 % of the roster because they won't become a champion.

Khabib is okay... I look at the skill sets and to a degree what they were able to do. Dustin did accomplish a lot, but nothing about him stands out. He's not an elite fighter. Seen better. That's all really. Don't get offended, you dork.

“Dustin isn’t very good.”

“Khabib is okay.”

One of us is a dork, that’s for certain.

Cejudo wouldn't be double-champ now if he took your advice, TS.

Every day another shit thread by you.
Let’s stay civil now! I’m the new appointed unofficial MOD! But seriously, I know that he didn’t mean it that way; he meant where does he go from here in his own uncensored language

Because Dustin is still better than the (vast?) majority of Lightweights IMO. He still has what it takes to be champion one day. Khabib won't be around forever. He said himself he probably only has a few fights left in him before hanging 'em up.

Hell, under different timing and circumstances, Poirier would already be champion considering he's defeated a couple of former champs before (Alvarez and Pettis.)

Iaquinta aint a tapper

ezgif-2-e9ab13cb1bcc.gif
Iaquinta has never tapped in his life

whats the point of TS ever creating another thread when he just created one of the dumbest threads in sherdog history?

Back