What is the point of Dustin fighting anymore now that he was dominated by Khabib?

Conor didn't get 100% dominated, he stuffed multiple takedowns and won a round while dustin only stuffed one takedown and got dominated the entire fight.

Dustin was closer to winning the fight than Conor was at any point. Conor also begged for his life.

<seedat>

Everyone that loses to the champion of their division should retire.

If Tony lost to Khabib would I think he should retire? No. He is on a 12 fight winning streak and has beaten multiple top guys, he will always be the 2nd best under Khabib.

But dustin? No. Dustin has lost too many fights, has been in too many vulnerable positions. Dustin just isn't champ material.

giphy.gif

Conor and Dustin both got finished. Al Iaquinta took him to distance on 1 day notice.

Al got dominated. They may have gotten submitted but al iaquinta suffered a beating that will give him permanent brain damage for the rest of his life. Al was not impressive that night.

Dustin was closer to winning the fight than Conor was at any point. Conor also begged for his life.

<seedat>

Blind hater.

Why the fuck do we even bother to keep breathing?

We're all gonna die one day.

He was dominated and couldn't do anything to Khabib. What's the point? What's the goal? He won't become champion unless someone were to beat Khabib. And it would take at least 2 years for him to get another title shot. So what's the point? Is he just chasing money fights now by teasing a move up to 170 and calling out Conor?

He has done so much, but at the same time has done nothing. Every time he got close to a title shot it would never be enough.
He could look for money fights,

Al got dominated. They may have gotten submitted but al iaquinta suffered a beating that will give him permanent brain damage for the rest of his life. Al was not impressive that night.

Al didn't tap out like a bitch, though. Especially after all that shit talking Conor did. He didn't quit the fight, he didn't want out, he was never mentally defeated
Conor wanted out, he couldn't handle Khabib anymore.
Iaquinta = Warrior
Conor = twitter warrior

What is the point of Conor fighting anymore now that he was dominated by Khabib?

He was dominated and couldn't do anything to Khabib. What's the point? What's the goal? He won't become champion unless someone were to beat Khabib. And it would take at least 2 years for him to get another title shot. So what's the point? Is he just chasing money fights now by teasing a move up to 170 and calling out Diaz?

He has done so much, but at the same time has done nothing. Every time he got close to a title shot it would never be enough.

And by default, straight to being triggered by Conor!
<Dany07>

This thread is another example of how Conor fans make this site worse.

He could always drop back to Featherweight and fight Max for the title. He already holds 2 victories against him

Bisping became a champ at 37, after losing to most of the top guys that he fought. There's always hope.

Wow. What a shitty view of the situation. Should Tom Brady and the Patriots quit vying for a super bowl win if they lose a game this season? I mean jeez, maybe he should just commit suicide eh?

Al didn't tap out like a bitch, though. Especially after all that shit talking Conor did. He didn't quit the fight, he didn't want out, he was never mentally defeated
Conor wanted out, he couldn't handle Khabib anymore.
Iaquinta = Warrior
Conor = twitter warrior

Iaquinta aint a tapper

ezgif-2-e9ab13cb1bcc.gif

TS, aren't you really asking, "why does anyone ranked 4 thru 40 with little to no chance of ever seeing the belt keep fighting?", with Dustin just being an example?

I put it back on you, to play Devil's Advocate: Why does a #19 ranked fighter keep fighting?

Obviously there is more than one answer. Can you give me several? Here, I'll make it easier on you: Cowboy and Lauzon both just keep on fighting, likely for different reasons. Can you guess what they are?

He was dominated and couldn't do anything to Khabib. What's the point? What's the goal? He won't become champion unless someone were to beat Khabib. And it would take at least 2 years for him to get another title shot. So what's the point? Is he just chasing money fights now by teasing a move up to 170 and calling out Conor?

What was the point of Conor fighting Khabib again and all the guys Khabib dominated? If we follow your logic...it's tony, Justin then James Vick

Dustin isn't very good. Just one of many guys who happen to get the strap. But he can fight as much as he wants, for whatever reason he wants to. Not everyone has got what it takes to be a champion, and Dustin became an interim champion, and that's better than most. I just don't think Dustin is very good. Nothing to write home about.

Short list of LW fighters that beat Dustin. Dustin is a very good fighter with some of the best standup at LW. Please provide a list of LW fighters who you think can beat Dustin?

I'll never be the best accountant in the world. Yet I still come to work every day. Why? Because they pay me to.

Fight for money. He was always a journeyman who had an ok run at 155. Now back to journeyman status. Conor won a round vs. khabib and Dustin could only dream of doing that.
His five fight run leading into the Khabib fight was the best streak of active fighters in the division in terms of strength of schedule until he got railroaded. He's clearly within the top 3 at lw

Back