What is the point of Dustin fighting anymore now that he was dominated by Khabib?

That's a weird philosophy.

If you have that mentality then you're not even getting far enough to get beat up by someone on Khabibs level

Definition of fighter....look that shit up.

This man gets it. Threads like these always show who really understand fighting and who don't.

Agreed. He should also stop making love to his woman now that he knows Khabib can just take her from him.

Threads like this make me question the IQ of the average Sherdogger. Dustin makes more money & gets more press than ever before in a competitive main event bout. But it ended in defeat.. Therefore, he should retire & go away forever because fuck feeding his family & all that! "What's the point?"

I see alot of people shitting on TS but allow me to play devils advocate

The value of these MMA fights isnt really tangible. It's based solely on the viewers enjoyment and willingness to purchase for entertainment.

Now you cant really criticize the reasons each person would have for enjoying MMA or demand they enjoy it in a certain way. TS like many probably values and enjoys MMA because of the title implications, the rankings, the power struggles and the high stakes involving in wins/losses.

When a fighter is soundly defeated (losing with a hope of one day improving/returning and avenging that loss is a different story) it may be difficult to enjoy them just going through the motions with no implications of a win/loss.

Dustin isn't very good. Just one of many guys who happen to get the strap. But he can fight as much as he wants, for whatever reason he wants to. Not everyone has got what it takes to be a champion, and Dustin became an interim champion, and that's better than most. I just don't think Dustin is very good. Nothing to write home about.

Isn't very good? In what universe is being one of the top 5 in the world at what you do considered "not very good"? Damn, some fight fans are just utterly delusional.

Khabib will not necessarily be Khabib forever

he can tear something in his knee, injure his back etc...

The value of these MMA fights isnt really tangible. It's based solely on the viewers enjoyment and willingness to purchase for entertainment.

Now you cant really criticize the reasons each person would have for enjoying MMA or demand they enjoy it in a certain way. TS like many probably values and enjoys MMA because of the title implications, the rankings, the power struggles and the high stakes involving in wins/losses.

When a fighter is soundly defeated (losing with a hope of one day improving/returning and avenging that loss is a different story) it may be difficult to enjoy them just going through the motions with no implications of a win/loss.

Cliff notes: TS is like a lot of fight fans and is just a bandwagoning nuthugger. He's one of those who thinks anyone coming off a win is the GOAT and anyone coming off a loss was never any good and got exposed.

Even more concise cliff notes: TS is an idiot who lives in his mom's basement.

@OP some people make a living fighting.... you know as a job. Also it probably pays more than if he went to a 9-5 job. Training to fight a few times a year and staying in shape sounds good to me.. unless you're getting CTE every time you fight.

He isn't talking about himself tho.

This man gets it. Threads like these always show who really understand fighting and who don't.
I appreciate that sir

How many fighters would do it for free? They love fighting that much.

It's all about the money

He was KO'd by Conor, what was the point in fighting anymore? Conor submitted by Nate? and so on, fighters can continue fighting and some get better after being beat, Anderson Silva got to GOAT status after being beat in the past, GSP, so far only Khabib and Jones have not experienced being beaten, even in DQ Jones was kicking his ass, so he really hasnt.

Its called Prize fighting, not "ufc champion" fighting. He can still make good money. The guy is only 30 and never finished 9th grade. What else is he supposed to do? Become a software engineer?

What's the point of Khabib even defending his title? 55ers should just fight for #1 contender ranking for the next 3-4 years until Khabib decides to retire.

He was dominated and couldn't do anything to Khabib. What's the point? What's the goal? He won't become champion unless someone were to beat Khabib. And it would take at least 2 years for him to get another title shot. So what's the point? Is he just chasing money fights now by teasing a move up to 170 and calling out Conor?

He has done so much, but at the same time has done nothing. Every time he got close to a title shot it would never be enough.
"He won't become champion unless someone were to beat Khabib"

That's soon, Tony is coming.
<GinJuice>

the guy dropped out in 9th grade. You want him to quit his 300-400k a year fighting job to get his GED and a 9-5 job?

He was dominated and couldn't do anything to Khabib. What's the point? What's the goal? He won't become champion unless someone were to beat Khabib. And it would take at least 2 years for him to get another title shot. So what's the point? Is he just chasing money fights now by teasing a move up to 170 and calling out Conor?

He has done so much, but at the same time has done nothing. Every time he got close to a title shot it would never be enough.
He's beaten 4 former world champions, as well as Gaethje. So how is he not good? Should Khabib move on (which he will) he could definitely make another shot at it. You never know. Look at Bisping he never gave up and ended up being world champ (however flukey it might have been). I hope he does win it. He's a top family guy. Still him winning the Interim is still an achievement.

Back