• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

what is the number 1 demonstration of low IQ you saw in a fight?

Big Nog deciding to stop punching Mir and take the fight to the ground.

Big nog is a JJ guy through and through, it makes a lot of sense for him to try to take any fight to the ground.

he just got the shit beat out of him
First time someone has beat him on the feet in MMA. Before that his obvious weakness was the ground game. Yet everyone wanted to stand and bang with him.

That fucking spinning back first thrown by Chael

I don't know what Sonnen was trying to do in the first GIF, but that one is pretty high up the list.

Hello Japan is LEGENDARY, bro. It’s as dumb as they come.

Garbrandt vs Dillashaw. TJ hit Cody with the same punch like three times in a row before the finish, holy smokes was it a great show of awful striking defense.
Ohh I like this. Garbrandt is my favorite low IQ fighter. The guy can be lured into a defenseless brawl by just about anyone and his record is basically a ratio of how many times it worked to how many times he got wrecked

It looks like he’s trying to transition to an armbar and he fails, and then is subsequently pounded out.
He was trying to flip Fedor and take the back. Leo viera in BJJ used to use that move if I remember correctly.

Actually I don’t know what he’s doing. Maybe it wasn’t a terrible move but it sure looks bad, aesthetically.

Nice read, thanks!

I'm not going to say I never rolled my eyes at Wang's comments, but I've also always thought that he didn't handle the "you're kicked out of team Penn, you wanna train with team Pulver?" situation that horribly.

It was a lose-lose situation, had he immediately said yes the TUF montage guy could have easily framed it as "look at this yellow belly turn-coat jumping at the first chance to stab his teammates in the back! He could have at least acted like he was conflicted about it! BJ was right all along!" {<BJPeen}

Since it was the first time a fighter got kicked out of a team, Wang was probably thinking that it was a loyalty test, and if he said no BJ Penn would enter the room and embrace him like a brother or some shit like that, reality TV is weird. <{hughesimpress}>

Another example that I always thought was kinda unfair, is how much the fandom milked the moment Kazuhiro Nakamura removed his gi against Wanderlei silva, and got ko'd shortly after.

It wasn't the best idea for the third dan black belt to wear a sleevless gi in the first place, since the reason KazNak's senpai Hidehiko Yoshida did so well in his rematch against Wand was because of the sleeves...

But anyway, back then Nakamura's gi quickly became a même, with Nakamura being a good sport about it and making the crowd laugh by taking his gi at the last second in his next fight against Igor, but come on, Wanderlei had actually been a true gentleman.

The Axe Murderer waited for King Kaz to remove his gi, and start to throw a punch before he did the same.

Oh well, I've always like KazNak, good dude, and super ultra tough

Many top tiers fighters at HW & LHW couldn't finish him, or even performed kinda badly against him. Those were the days when Japanese fighters were expected to be knocked out in impressive fashion by the promotion's stars, so it was strange for some to see Kaz doing good even in defeat.

That was also real gutsy of him to take a K1 bout against Hiraku Hori as a MMA n00b, with "only" judo as his martial art background.
Sweet LHK ko though, the only time we ever saw Kaz getting knocked out cold in his entire career.

(sorry for shit quality)
I was sad when he got kicked out of the UFC for losing a decision to an undefeated Machida

and getting his knee smashed by low kicks from then-rising-supernova Sokoudjou... and testing positive for weed I guess.

He hasn't competed in Judo or fought in MMA since 2014, I wonder what he does these days.

He did some pro-wrestling for the first and last time the same year of his last MMA bout, so I guess he just teaches at Yoshida Dojo these days?

Nakamura was a tough dude and obviously a MW rather than a LHW. Poor dude had to fight Barnett as well.
That haircut he had against machida was criminal though.

I’d have to say Mike Perry.

love the guy but the iq is suspect.

any Cody Garbrandt loss. really

his willingness to brawl (kill or be killed he calls it) when he doesn't have the chin for it

Frank Mir vs Ian Freeman, Mir was holding on to Freemans leg for like 3 minutes while getting punched flush in the face for 3 minutes. He thinks he is smart too! lol

Ohh I like this. Garbrandt is my favorite low IQ fighter. The guy can be lured into a defenseless brawl by just about anyone and his record is basically a ratio of how many times it worked to how many times he got wrecked

He is luck Assunscao didn't throw a knee or bodykick in his last fight. That end exchange was a 50/50 and Cody came up on top this time. I always bet on his opponent via KO when he is the favourite now.

Dan hardy going for a typical late 00s leg dive for points in a fight where he is 2 rounds ahead and gets choked out by lytle.

Sterling spinning around like a beyblade against Yan and shooting takedowns even when he knew he won’t get Yan down

eJaB7va.gif

Lol, this one always gets me. Marcin Prachnio just walks straight at Sam with his hands completely down like he forgot he was actually in a fight.

I think this takes it in the UFC.

Honorable mention:

The guy who went to the ground with o'Malley after he showed he couldn't stand up. Southmakath or something like that. Dumbest thing ever

Soukhamat vs Omalley, rival is injured, goes for a TD to run out of time...

Thiago Alves did exactly that vs Kamnpmann, on the main event...
There's one in pretty much every tuf season. It's a terrible and common mistake

Back