• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social What is the "liberal elite" and why is academic so liberal?

The difference is in a combination of factors. Bone density, size of pelvic inlet, molar size etc.. and only then, in a very highly unlikely hypothetical scenario where the skeletons are perfectly preserved and perfectly arranged, accounting for cartilage etc.. the anthropologists will be able to tell that it is "likely" that this skeleton was male or female. They wont be able to tell you that its an "absolute certainty" that the skeleton was of one biological sex or another. There have been examples of females with skeletal structures exhibiting features (like smaller pelvic inlets) that would on their own be identified as likely belonging to a male, and vice versa.

Like I said, its a nuanced subject and maybe instead of mocking someone who spent years studying this nuanced subject, you could shut you dumb fucking mouth and LISTEN to that person. That is of course if you are genuinely interested in the answer (which we both know, you aren't).

Run along now

"Absolute Certainty"...LOL

99.99% sure, and you're arguing for the .01%.

At the end of the day, you are arguing that there are no discernible differences between the male and female skeletal structure by and large, because of a minute select few examples of outliers.

Yeah, and males and females don't actually exist, because there are six or seven freaks of nature out there rocking a vag and a cock. Brilliant.

"Absolute Certainty"...LOL

99.99% sure, and you're arguing for the .01%.

At the end of the day, you are arguing that there are no discernible differences between the male and female skeletal structure by and large, because of a minute select few examples of outliers.

Yeah, and males and females don't actually exist, because there are six or seven freaks of nature out there rocking a vag and a cock. Brilliant.

Where are you pulling this 99.99% from? Your ass?

Just shut the fuck up already, you are well out of your depth here, digging a deeper hole with every post. Stick to the meme thread for your level of intellectual comprehension.

Where are you pulling this 99.99% from? Your ass?

Any percentage claim would be such, but when the "absolute certainty" card is pulled, it's pulled out of desperation, in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Like a defense attorney arguing against DNA evidence.

I'm absolutely certain that the science agrees with me, though.

There may be certain trends on average, but there's no "male bone" or anything that is never present in the female skeleton for example. There is no density value of a female bone that absolutely cannot be observed in a male bone or vise versa. Chances are the professor you were mocking knows a lot more nuance on the subject, but you'd rather take the word of some blonde dimbo swimmer who is butthurt she lost a race in a swimming pool (or just realized sad insecure conservative men online will make her far more money than any amateur swimming career she may have had)
Clearly, we have an expert on male "bones" here.
<17>

The right and left tend to be less about identity politics here, and more about material interests in terms of taxation and labour laws (people vote from their hip pocket).
Therefore there's a big difference in which issues local groups coalesce around and which issues politicians will campaign on, although we get somewhat infected with American issues via globalised communications and a shared language (not to mention being involved in all your foreign adventures).
I don't have much experience in the social sciences, outside of a couple of semesters of anthropology, psychology and philosophy in the mid '90s, but I'm still involved in Computer Science at my local uni. Explicit politics rarely comes up (although at the start of 2017 I remember one lecturer starting the year with a picture of Trump on the projector as a joke). By it's very nature though I'd say the entire computer science department is progressive rather than conservative (though just as often more "libertarian" or small "l" Liberals rather than particularly left wing).
Having a progressive outlook is just inherent to the nature of believing that technological progress is pushing society forwards. I find much the same in the workplace. It's usually the bean counters that are the conservative element.
I should point out though, that a Bachelor of Business is the most popular degree here and constitutes the largest departments, and since most of the lecturers are from or currently involved in their fields, they aren't particularly left-wing or the American idea of "Liberal" (although the Australian political spectrum as a whole would be shifted left in comparison to the American one).

Any percentage claim would be such, but when the "absolute certainty" card is pulled, it's pulled out of desperation, in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Like a defense attorney arguing against DNA evidence.

I'm absolutely certain that the science agrees with me, though.

That's cool, I'm sure you are "absolutely certain" that you are a serious and intelligent adult too. Your delusions don't change reality though.

i mean it’s primarily the pelvis. there’s definitely a difference there but not much anywhere else.
Do you understand how dumb you sound with that statement? Just to push a narrative you believe in.

Do you understand how dumb you sound with that statement? Just to push a narrative you believe in.
it’s literally science. yes, the pelvis has a distinct shape in women but there’s not much of a difference in structure. density, yes, but not structure.

it’s literally science. yes, the pelvis has a distinct shape in women but there’s not much of a difference in structure. density, yes, but not structure.
Again you can use a word that fits the narrative you believe but a big difference in an area that says female or male.

I could be wrong but I believe you are the gif master for ufc events? If I'm right I really appreciate the work you do.

Many liberal academics never leave the academic settings. They go from being in school to being teachers in school. They have little to no actual real world experience or work experience.
That's kind of unavoidable when you have to spend a better part of your post-college years in school still.

People can’t even get tradie jobs without finishing high school here yet in America there are geniuses who don’t finish high school but have intellect far surpassing phds

what a peculiar country

Go ahead, enlighten us sparkie.. what specifically in any of those photos is an indication of someone's IQ?

Way to further prove the point.

It’s funny, I remember hearing from liberals during the 2016 election, that apparently, Donald Trump wasn’t “presidential enough” and anyone voting for him was presumed to be an idiot, low class, immoral etc.

However, now, apparently, these same people are perfectly fine with voting for brain-dead Biden and a woman performing upside-down twerks … amongst a whole host of questionable politicians, and their votes have no bearing at all on who they are as people.

<YeahOKJen>

Last edited:
economics is a basic degree lol

it is as cookie cutter as an arts degree lol

high average iq lol

I don't know what country you are in, but the standard Econ degree in the USA is a STEM program.

You'll need the full calc sequence at a minimum (Definite, Integral, & Multivariate), and likely some stats work as well.

Note: I'm speaking only of degrees in Economics from most Universities, not other degrees with "economics" in the title (e.g. "Financial Economics"), or regional colleges. I know it's confusing and sounds the same, but it isn't.

David Morris has a long-winded Quora post that explains it fairly well. Yes, it's Quora, but he holds a grad degree in Econ from George Mason.
https://qr.ae/prBVL8

Last edited:
Liberal and conservative is irrelevant when it comes to intelligence. A vast amount of people in society, educated or not, are blind followers.

70 years ago the establishment in the UK was conservative and contained many of the most of intelligent and well educated in society. It paid to be conservative (or at least pretend to be)

Now it pays to be ultra liberal to get on. So all the intelligent and educated pretend to be liberal in order to get higher up in society.

Nearly all of the 'liberal' elite have careers, houses, traditional family structure and send their kids to Classic schools. The only thing not conservative about them is the shit that rolls out of their mouths.

I'm sure the educated class in 1970s Iran were saying very different things to the one now in 2023

Last edited:
It’s funny, I remember hearing from liberals during the 2016 election, that apparently, Donald Trump wasn’t “presidential enough” and anyone voting for him was presumed to be an idiot, immoral etc.

However, now, apparently, these same people are perfectly fine with voting for brain-dead Biden and a woman performing upside-down twerks … amongst a whole host of questionable politicians, and their votes have no bearing at all on who they are as people.

<YeahOKJen>

Cute dodge of the question.

It’s funny, I remember hearing from liberals during the 2016 election, that apparently, Donald Trump wasn’t “presidential enough” and anyone voting for him was presumed to be an idiot, immoral etc.

<YeahOKJen>
I miss liberals. Today's Leftists have a brain imbalance. They can be perfectly lucent when talking about many topics, but when politics comes up, their brains misfire. It's almost like a fear reaction. There's no logic, and there's a lack of empathy. It's my way or the highway. It comes from conditioning, but don't expect them to admit it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back