• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social What is the "liberal elite" and why is academic so liberal?

Ah yes, dismissing someone with far more knowledge and experience in the subject because it doesn't agree with your pre-determined, biased worldview is peak conservatism.

LOL, dismissing someone who is dismissing settled science, like the difference in bone structure between males and females, is a hill I'm willing to die on.

You're such a sad lemming. By all means though, tell me how this "expert" is somehow correct. Lay it out. Bend the laws of physical reality.

LOL, dismissing someone who is dismissing settled science, like the difference in bone structure between males and females, is a hill I'm willing to die on.

You're such a sad lemming.

Lol, you fucking dolt. How much do you even know about this "settled science"? You think bone density is uniform, with clear distinct values for "male bone density" vs "female bone density" ? You think Anthropologists digging up human skeletons get complete intact samples, perfectly arranged?

Do you know what Osteoporosis is? Do you know that bone density varies with age? Do you know that the 8% higher average bone density of male hip bone vs that of a female is not a huge number?

Stick you eating slop with the rest of the hogs at your trough and squealing about "wokism"

Last edited:
Lol, you fucking dolt. How much do you even know about this "settled science"? You think bone density is uniform, with clear distinct values for "male bone density" vs "female bone density" ?

Density? This is about structure. Ain't no male skeleton being dug up with female hips, dipshit.

You think Anthropologists digging up human skeletons get complete intact samples, perfectly arranged?

No, but if they are, they can tell the difference, you numpty. Was that a serious argument? Yeah, maybe there are disagreements over a forearm sample, but a skeleton? No. There is nothing that would confuse anthropologists, you absolute moron.

Lol, they just can't survive if they don't jack up tuition at 500x the rate of everything else. These paupers are barely scraping by with only 1 lazy river and only 5 sushi bars and almost the same number of $200k+ administrators as there are students.

Specifically, there were 15,750 administrators, 2,288 faculty

yeah that’s called capitalism. i thought you liked that. these high-merit administrators couldn’t survive without making all this money and they deserve it. right?

you are criticizing them for participating in capitalism, which they have no choice but to do lmao

Density? This is about structure. Ain't no male skeleton being dug up with female hips, dipshit.

No, but if they are, they can tell the difference, you numpty. Was that a serious argument? Yeah, maybe there are disagreements over a forearm sample, but a skeleton? No. There is nothing that would confuse anthropologists, you absolute moron.

You are coming up with imaginary scenarios that don't occur in reality. Anthropologists never dig up completely preserved skeletons, in perfect arrangement, with no bone decay or missing fragments. They can make estimates on the data that they have, but the idea that they can just prove by looking at a collection of bones the sex of the individual because of some magic bone "male stamp" is nonsense.

They can make estimates on the data that they have

Based on....?

but the idea that they can just prove by looking at a collection of bones the sex of the individual because of some magic bone "male stamp" is nonsense.

Are you seriously arguing that there is no difference between male and female bone structure?

It's honestly sad how both sides just hate each other. It's probably gonna get worse year after year.

Based on....?

Are you seriously arguing that there is no difference between male and female bone structure?

There may be certain trends on average, but there's no "male bone" or anything that is never present in the female skeleton for example. There is no density value of a female bone that absolutely cannot be observed in a male bone or vise versa. Chances are the professor you were mocking knows a lot more nuance on the subject, but you'd rather take the word of some blonde dimbo swimmer who is butthurt she lost a race in a swimming pool (or just realized sad insecure conservative men online will make her far more money than any amateur swimming career she may have had)

i mean it’s primarily the pelvis. there’s definitely a difference there but not much anywhere else.

There may be certain trends on average, but there's no "male bone" or anything that is never present in the female skeleton for example. There is no density value of a female bone that absolutely cannot be observed in a male bone or vise versa. Chances are the professor you were mocking knows a lot more nuance on the subject, but you'd rather take the word of some blonde dimbo swimmer who is butthurt she lost a race in a swimming pool (or just realized sad insecure conservative men online will make her far more money than any amateur swimming career she may have had)

It wasn't a question that required a nuanced answer. Is the male skeleton different from the female skeleton, and if you dug two up, would you be able to tell the difference? That was the question being asked, and everyone knows the answer is "yes".

Are there differences between male bone structure and female bone structure, yes or no? If your answer is "no", then you're an idiot.

It wasn't a question that required a nuanced answer. Is the male skeleton different from the female skeleton, and if you dug two up, would you be able to tell the difference? That was the question being asked, and everyone knows the answer is "yes".

Are there differences between male bone structure and female bone structure, yes or no? If your answer is "no", then you're an idiot.

Ah thats not how it works little chud.

The correct answer is: "it depends". Sorry that nuance is difficult for you, maybe don't poke your snout into nuanced subjects if you can't handle anything beyond "yes/no" responses.

i mean it’s primarily the pelvis. there’s definitely a difference there but not much anywhere else.

I don't think that's entirely accurate, but what's your point? If you ignore the pelvis, the "expert" in the video is right? Awesome. That's like arguing a gun is actually a hammer, if you ignore a certain aspect to its design is irrelevant.

Last edited:
The correct answer is: "it depends".

Explain how it depends, within the example I gave. What would the confusion of determining the sex of two complete male and female skeletons be rooted in, exactly?

Explain how it depends, within the example I gave. What would the confusion of determining the sex of two complete male and female skeletons be rooted in, exactly?

there are clear differences between male and female skeletons.

a quick Google Search can confirm this. We need to stop lying to ourselves.
Difference Between Male and Female Skeleton (majordifferences.com)

male%252520and%252520female%252520skeleton%25255B8%25255D.jpg

I don't think that's entirely accurate, but what's your point? If you ignore the pelvis, the "expert" in the video is right? Awesome. That's like arguing a gun is actually a hammer, if you ignore a certain aspect to it's design is irrelevant.
he said he couldn’t distinguish between a male and female skeleton by looking at it which is completely understandable. they have a wide range of different variables.

product-2-main-original-1418245940.jpg

anatomy-of-male-human-skeleton-front-view-and-back-view.jpg

neither of us are experts of course but are you going to tell me there are apparent differences in these two skeletons?

The difference is in a combination of factors. Bone density, size of pelvic inlet, molar size etc.. and only then, in a very highly unlikely hypothetical scenario where the skeletons are perfectly preserved and perfectly arranged, accounting for cartilage etc.. the anthropologists will be able to tell that it is "likely" that this skeleton was male or female. They wont be able to tell you that its an "absolute certainty" that the skeleton was of one biological sex or another. There have been examples of females with skeletal structures exhibiting features (like smaller pelvic inlets) that would on their own be identified as likely belonging to a male, and vice versa.

Like I said, its a nuanced subject and maybe instead of mocking someone who spent years studying this nuanced subject, you could shut you dumb fucking mouth and LISTEN to that person. That is of course if you are genuinely interested in the answer (which we both know, you aren't).

Run along now chuddles, your stupidity has cost me too much of my time already.

It’s a good example of being educated does not correlate with intelligence

No, no this guy is definitely intelligent. He's just afraid to tell the truth, like a lot of scientists and experts are nowadays.

Back