What is the IDEAL SIZE for a fighter? (and the square cube law)

I think the perfect fighter is whoever can control the dragons. So a Targaryen, but the issue with them is all the inbreeding has left their families mental faculties pretty decimated....

I have been really into Game of Thrones lately.

Id say 6'3ish and around 230. Long arms, thick neck and chin.
Jon snow is about 5'6 155 and the last targaryen

I'd say someone built like CroCop or JDD is the best for HW.... you can have freaks like Ubereem but I say the muscular, but lanky build is the best.... like GSP/Anderson/Jones have the ideal build.... my opinion though

It's going to be tough to convince me that I'd rather have a 6'2 230 lb body than Dwight Howard's 7'0 275 lb body. And counter to OP, I don't think he'd necessarily be destined for any abnormal health problems due to his size, outside of those normally associated with his sport .. eventually worn down knees, etc.

Now as for brain, heart, etc, I'll be looking elsewhere. But pure body to take into battle? That's it.
I’d say except for BB or competitive sailing, Dwight Howard is too awkward to excel at anything else. He could be good but not elite.

Long limbs have a lot of liability. Big men in BB have all kinds of ankle, foot, knee, back problems. Too much leverage, it gives you efficiency: a 30 deg rotation of a 7 footer could mean a 2 feet displacement at the end vs a 1 foot displacement for a short stocky guy. But the short guys short limbs give him a lot less resistant torque therefore less stress on the limb. It’s likr increasing the size of the wheel will give you more top end but gears and connectors are more likely to break

By similar principle, a short guy has less angular momentum to deal with so he can turn and change direction a lot faster with a lot less stress to his structure .

Short people don’t break bones when they fall either, most of the older people in wheelchairs are taller people

Fedor was what... 6, 6.1", and around 230-240... so i think that weight might be the best for humans currently, height is negotiable... probably anywhere between 6 - 6.6"
Fedor claims 5'11 but I met him once and he was shorter than me. He is considerably thicker and broader than he appears on tv however. Just a dense, solid dude.

To me there is no reason to compare MMA and boxing. They are two different things, and boxing is not fighting. Every sport will have its own rules that make it more advantageous to a certain body type. Sumo guys are like 500 lbs. Marathoners are maybe 145 (dunno). But top MMAers we've seen tens to be 6'1"-6'4", 230-245.
Made me curious so I looked it up:

In 1990, the average top-100 guy weighed 59.6 kg (131.4 lbs); in 2011, he weighed 56.2 kg (123.9 lbs). That's a big drop. They also got shorter, from 1.73 m (5' 8.1") to 1.70 m (5' 6.9"). The drop in weight isn't entirely explained by the drop in height, as their BMI also decreased from 19.83 to 19.42.

Wouldn't it depend on style? Examples:

1. A 6'9" 265lbs 100" reach long-range striker. His reach gives him god-tier range and is hell on earth for wrestlers trying to close the distance. His weight of 265lbs is good enough to damage anyone on the planet and keeps him light for footwork and movement.

2. A 7'0 330lbs 90" reach wrestler who relies on his long frame (like Jones). He is slow due to his size, but his height and weight gives him a godly wrestling advantage.

3. A 6'6 300lbs 85" reach explosive wrestler. He is long and powerful enough to blast opponents, heavy enough to ragdoll lighter guys, and short enough to get to the legs of taller guys. A good jack of all trades and a hard time for all body types.

These 3 fighters would suck with the bodies of the others.

HolyNecroPost_759032.jpg

Greater than or equal to 7'' flaccid.

Rumble was the perfect specimen at LHW
Yoel for MW
Even if Rockhold before he moved up. He was at a huge size advantage without lacking speed and movement

Back