• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies What is the best vampire movie of all time?

My top choices are:

Fright Night: For how awesome it is and for that 80’s cheese which I still love.

Lost Boys: Great fun still to this day.

From Dusk til Dawn: Pure Insanity and I love it.

Bran Stokers Dracula: This is probably the best Vampire film made “so far” film quality wise.

That isn't the question I've asked myself. There are a lot of decent vampire movies. What I am wondering is why there aren't more great werewolf films? The best is probably An American Werewolf in London, and that's over 40 years old. How the Hell have we not produced a superior werewolf movie in 40+ years?!

I'm not talking a werewolf action flick, which is where they seem to have been going in recent memory. I'm talking old school horror werewolf. Like An American Werewolf in London. A "The Terminator" style werewolf movie.
A werewolf flick in the eyes of the actual werewolf would be cool. Not the victims/heroes. But the poor son of a bitch that is cursed with the werewolf thing. How does he feel about all of this. Cool idea imo..

A werewolf flick in the eyes of the actual werewolf would be cool. Not the victims/heroes. But the poor son of a bitch that is cursed with the werewolf thing. How does he feel about all of this. Cool idea imo..
Its a cool idea because its basically the plot of the OG werewolf film The Wolf Man from 1941 starring Lon Chaney Jr. They did a remake in 2010 with Benicio del Toro that was just so-so. And it looks like there's a newer version coming out in 2025 starring Christopher Abbot

Serious movie: 30 days of night

Comedy: What we do in the shadows

CDBa.gif

FDTD is great too, though.

That isn't the question I've asked myself. There are a lot of decent vampire movies. What I am wondering is why there aren't more great werewolf films? The best is probably An American Werewolf in London, and that's over 40 years old. How the Hell have we not produced a superior werewolf movie in 40+ years?!

I'm not talking a werewolf action flick, which is where they seem to have been going in recent memory. I'm talking old school horror werewolf. Like An American Werewolf in London. A "The Terminator" style werewolf movie.

Watch Gingersnaps - a surprisingly good werewolf movie with a twist.

I'm pretty partial to Undeworld just because I've always thought Kate Beckinsale was hot. The story itself is also pretty solid with the Vampires vs Lycans aka werewolves. Both being descendants from William Corvinas. But yeah mostly Saline is hot.

Ever: The Lost Boys

1980s: Fright Night (sequel was good also)

1990s: Interview with a vampire

2000s: 30 days of night

2010s: Let Me In

2020s: ? The Last Voyage of the Demeter.

Last edited:
30 Days of Night was great.

Shadow Of The Vampire definitely isn't everyone's style but I thought it was a great spin on the Vampire story.

There is a remake coming out soon, but as I understand, Nosferatu is a great vampire movie but it's a movie made in 1922 and a silent film so it's very dated even by film buff standard. I think the copyright for it has expired so you can watch it in full on youtube. Movie is too old for me.

There is a remake coming out soon, but as I understand, Nosferatu is a great vampire movie but it's a movie made in 1922 and a silent film so it's very dated even by film buff standard. I think the copyright for it has expired so you can watch it in full on youtube. Movie is too old for me.

there’s also Herzog’s Nosferatu the Vampyre starring Klaus Kinski

Bram Stokers for me. Really good book too. I wish someone would make movies of Brian Lumley's Necroscope and Vampire world series.

Did they really remake Interview with a vampire?

Blade was probably the most satisfying.

Lost Boys was good fun.

Original Fright Night was good as well.

Interview with a Vampire was good.

I want to put Bram Stokers Dracula up there, but fcking Keanu and Winona stunk that movie up. Damn shame too because Gary Oldman and Anthony Hopkins killed it. Oldman being quite possibly the best Dracula on film.

Back