What Is People's Problem With Checking Bags?

You have to wait anyways for your checked in luggage at the baggage claim.

I travel all the time, and checking bags sucks. Sometime your stuff goes missing, or they even have taken things out of my bag with TSA locks on them!

If I ever check a bag, it is only clothes that are easily replaced.

It's not the money

Time is more valuable

There's apparently a hashtag for what we are talking about: #CarryOnShame

Cd2bSSOUUAAtI03.jpg

BuTblgiCMAEqLfk.jpg:small
BrD80lSCYAA7wBO.jpg:large
IMG_1304_croptext.jpg
Bn77FO2CQAA0PVT.jpg:small

Fly enough times and you know that layovers extensions happen quite frequently; its not a matter of cost but rather convenience. However, if your bag does not me the carry on parameters than you just have to play by the established rules. If your bag does meet the requirements but they prefer to curbside check your bag, thats fine -- its waiting for you as you leave the plane.

But, stop being extreme poverty cases and join a Sky Alliance or Team -- perks include preferential baggage checking.

Checking bags is literally retarded as fuck. What are you, a woman?

It's not about cost, traveling for business I can expense the checked bag fee if necessary. But, I typically want to be out of the airport as quickly as possible on both ends of the trip. Depending on the airport, it can be 30-45 minutes to collect my bag. Coming home from a few days at a conference, I'm anxious and sick of being in a sterile environment, I'll gladly struggle with an overhead compartment for 15 seconds to save that time.

I try to keep my carry-on as as manageable as possible. However I have abused the carry-on regulations after using up all my check in allowance when moving house internationally. I filled up duty free bags with many of my heavy items such as books on top of normal carry-on. Saved a bit of money and convenience.

Back