What Is People's Problem With Checking Bags?

they want their drugs & dildos nearby.

I keep my drugs and dildos on my carry on. Last time I flew from South America I decided it would be okay to snort 1g of coke in the back of an Uber. I tipped the driver like $50. They searched me in customs and were poking holes in my bags and shoes and tested it on that chemical paper. Then they ran a full body scan. Fuckers didn't find shit. They even scanned a dildo I was transporting and told me to take it apart.

Ever gone to the DMV and have all 17 people in front of you not have the correct stuff prepared?

That's why you make an appointment. It's so much easier. No lines.

I keep my drugs and dildos on my carry on. Last time I flew from South America I decided it would be okay to snort 1g of coke in the back of an Uber. I tipped the driver like $50. They searched me in customs and were poking holes in my bags and shoes and tested it on that chemical paper. Then they ran a full body scan. Fuckers didn't find shit. They even scanned a dildo I was transporting and told me to take it apart.

That's why you make an appointment. It's so much easier. No lines.
Yeah - the reservation thing isn't all it's cracked up to be...and they all don't take them...

The problem with carry-ons and the delay they cause would be solved if airlines enforced their own rules.

A lot of the assholes who don't check their baggage still want to bring the same amount of stuff they would carry in a regular piece of luggage. So they bring carry-ons that are too damn big and fill up all the overhead space creating a domino effect because everyone has to put their stuff all over the plane and that fucks over everyone when it's time to leave the plane.

Nobody enforces the size limits on carry on luggage. And nobody enforces the distinction between a "personal item" and an extra carry-on. Motherfucker that backpack is not a "personal item" it's another piece of luggage and the pusillanimous bastards at the gate should've made you check it in!

Because I've flown to my destination while my things were flown somewhere else.
Airlines fuck things up.

On my last trip to Dublin, my stuff went somewhere undetermined. Took me three days to get it back.

I wasn't going to train a new team in my traveling clothes, so I had to buy new ones. I was not happy.

people take carry on too far. i've seen people with multiple carry ons, and that pisses me off as well TS.
airlines need to make sure there's only 1 carry on per person. if you don't want to check in your additional bags, then fucking take the train or a boat.

i take 1 carry on and usually check in 1 piece of luggage. my important stuff, including electronics is in my carry on along with illicit drugs and cigs. my checked in piece of luggage has clothing, shoes, and toiletries. if they get lost, fuck it, i'll just buy new shit at my location. the clothing, shoes, toiletries can all be replaced relatively easily.

sometimes people come home from vacation with homemade s*x tapes and want to keep them with them.

It's understandable.

I always check bags because im a fancy boy who likes to have clothes and shoes when on holidays.

Beyond saving the money, I prefer to have access to my possessions and not have to wait at baggage claim. I also pack light so as to take up as little room as possible.

Because fuck the airlines for charging me for the 'privelage' of putting my bag in the cargo hold of the plane like I have been doing for 20 years and not paying extra for it.

I fly internationally a few times a year and never check in bags. They're a huge time waster.

people take carry on too far. i've seen people with multiple carry ons, and that pisses me off as well TS.
airlines need to make sure there's only 1 carry on per person. if you don't want to check in your additional bags, then fucking take the train or a boat.

i take 1 carry on and usually check in 1 piece of luggage. my important stuff, including electronics is in my carry on along with illicit drugs and cigs. my checked in piece of luggage has clothing, shoes, and toiletries. if they get lost, fuck it, i'll just buy new shit at my location. the clothing, shoes, toiletries can all be replaced relatively easily.
But you're allowed one carry-on and one personal bag. My carry-on has clothes, my personal bag has my electronics, camera, and toiletries.

But you're allowed one carry-on and one personal bag. My carry-on has clothes, my personal bag has my electronics, camera, and toiletries.

Yeah, i think that's 1 too many. Especially with the size of some of the carryons i've seen in the past.

Wow. Lotta losers in this thread. If you're of the ilk who insist on taking full sized luggage onto the aircraft to try and ineptly force it into the overhead compartment (taking the entire thing for yourself) you are a waste of space.

The problem is when that personal bag is almost the size of another carry-on.

Look at it this way. That personal bag you carry... can you fit it under the seat? Or do you have to put it up in the overhead bin?

The problem is when that personal bag is almost the size of another carry-on.

Look at it this way. That personal bag you carry... can you fit it under the seat? Or do you have to put it up in the overhead bin?
It's a backpack. Years of international travel has taught me to travel light.

But I get what you're saying. Some folk do try to game the system.

I never bring more than what a roll around carry bag will fit. I'll be damned if I sit around waiting for that thing to come off a conveyor belt after a long flight. It isn't even about the cost.. it's convenience. I usually fly Southwest anyway so wouldn't even be a charge for the bag.

I never bring more than what a roll around carry bag will fit. I'll be damned if I sit around waiting for that thing to come off a conveyor belt after a long flight. It isn't even about the cost.. it's convenience. I usually fly Southwest anyway so wouldn't even be a charge for the bag.

What if you're traveling somewhere for a month?

Back