What Is People's Problem With Checking Bags?

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
I really can't stand this. For some reason people always have this massive problem with checking their bags for some reason. If you honestly can't afford $25 to check a bag you probably shouldn't be flying in the first place. It just slows everything down and makes boarding and getting off the plane that much more time consuming. If it were up to me carry on shouldn't be allowed for any flights less than a couple of hours. Thoughts?

they want their drugs & dildos nearby.

Feels great not being poor

#andersonslivamoneyplayboy

Ever gone to the DMV and have all 17 people in front of you not have the correct stuff prepared?

I really can't stand this. For some reason people always have this massive problem with checking their bags for some reason. If you honestly can't afford $25 to check a bag you probably shouldn't be flying in the first place. It just slows everything down and makes boarding and getting off the plane that much more time consuming. If it were up to me carry on shouldn't be allowed for any flights less than a couple of hours. Thoughts?

Although I'm sure this isn't the case for about 90% of people that carry on bags, what you're saying is that if you cant afford an extra $25 luxury, you shouldn't be flying to see a loved one, for work, for any number of reasons? You sound like an asshole Gabe. That's too bad.

The reason why I don't check in a bag, is that I have no intention of waiting around a crowded ass airport for 30 extra minutes waiting for my bag to come down.

Fuck that. I don't need my shit stolen by some asshat before it even gets on the plane.

I think most people don't want to check bags so they don't have to wait when they land and/or worry about their bag getting lost, not the $25

eb6.jpg

Because I've flown to my destination while my things were flown somewhere else.
Airlines fuck things up.

I was flying a couple of weeks ago and saw some businessman losing it on the lady at the gate because his bag was too big for overhead. All he had to do was tag it and leave it at the gate but this was obviously quite an inconvenience for this guy.

Because I've flown to my destination while my things were flown somewhere else.
Airlines fuck things up.
Did you have to go a few days with the same draws?

Remember, one pair can supply 4 days worth of draws.

Terrible thread. Why pay extra money for an inconvenience? You have to worry about your luggage getting lost/ stuff stolen and wait for it to come out after your flight instead of just taking it with you. And some airlines charge like $50 each way, that's 100 more dollars that I can spend on my vacation.

I've never checked bags and will probably never check bags. Not everyone is Richie rich, I don't have so much extra money I like to just throw it away on something that's also an inconvenience.

I'll keep my things close to me where some asshole can't steal them or lose them.

If there’s one thing I like about fly Allegiant Air, it’s that they charge extra for assholes that want to stuff oversized suitcases in the overhead compartment. Almost no one is willing to pay it, so getting off the plane goes much quicker. I understand why people don’t like waiting for their bags, but it pisses me off to no end when some asshole has to look for his bag in the compartments on the other end of the plane while everyone else stands there and waits.

I really don't think it's as much about the fee as it is about the inconvenience and the unreliability of the process to get your bags back in a timely, secure manner.

Although I'm sure this isn't the case for about 90% of people that carry on bags, what you're saying is that if you cant afford an extra $25 luxury, you shouldn't be flying to see a loved one, for work, for any number of reasons? You sound like an asshole Gabe. That's too bad.

The reason why I don't check in a bag, is that I have no intention of waiting around a crowded ass airport for 30 extra minutes waiting for my bag to come down.

Another reason is to make certain the bag goes where you go. If you've ever had the pleasure of them losing your bag and taking 2 weeks to find it, if they find it, you won't trust them again. I have a bag still lost somewhere that had my name and phone number in several places inside and out. When I had to travel for work, if there was time, I'd ship tools, parts and my clothes ahead of time and make certain they were there before flying in. I don't blame anyone for carrying their luggage.

Then there are the baggage handlers stealing your stuff.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/13/us/airport-luggage-theft/

Did you have to go a few days with the same draws?

Remember, one pair can supply 4 days worth of draws.
Worse, a two week stay borrowing clothes from a friend. A friend who hardly has to shave, so I left looking like I'd been camping.
I pointed out the window of the plane, to the stewardess, "Why are *those* bags not being loaded onto *this* flight?"
"Reasons"

I've only carried on twice. Both were trips to vegas and I just packed a backpack. It was great not having to wait for my bags at the airport.

I do think that airlines need to tighten up on some of their carry on regulations. The last two flights I've been on, I saw a shitload of carry on bags that probably should have been checked.

It's unnecessary and a waste of time

I wouldn't check bags even if it was free

I am a racecar driver. I typically fly into an airport on a Thursday or Friday night, and need to be on the track at 9am the next morning. I would never check any of my driving gear, if any of it gets misplaced I would have a team of about 20 people not very happy with me.......

Back